𝑰𝑰

—

LILA SOLO was currently wondering around base aimlessly, unsure what to be doing.

Days like these when missions were slow usually bored Lila. One thing she loved was keeping busy. She found it stopped her mind from wondering off into thoughts she felt like pushing away as hard as she possibly could.

Aside from the few squadrons or captains that said hi to her, Lila tended to keep to herself. Mainly because most of the people there either wanted to be friends with her because of her status, or to get on the General's good side.

Apart from Poe Dameron.

He was the only person who she would give the time of day.

Only because she knew he actually wanted to be her friend. Lila figured this out around four years ago when he was always the person who would sit in her room for hours in the dead of night talking about anything and everything to keep her mind off the nightmare she had just had.

Her small daze was interrupted by her mother, "Lila. I need to speak with you."

"What's wrong?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"We received information. About the whereabouts of Luke,"

The name rang through her ears, almost sounding slightly surreal. Luke Skywalker was not only her Master, but her Uncle too.

"A man named Lor San Tekka. I believe he has a map to Luke. This is the final piece of information we need to find him. And it is very important that we do."

Lila slowly nodded, "So what's the plan?" She asked, following her mother as she walked down the halls of the Resistance Base.

"I'm going to send you and Commander Dameron out to Jakku to retrieve the map from Lor San Tekka. If you want to accompany him on this mission, of course."

Lila quickly nodded, "Yeah, of course I will. When are we leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning, so be ready."

She smiled at her mom, "Will be."

Leia smiled back and nodded, as she watched her daughter continue to walk down the corridors and towards the landing bays.

After deciding what to do, Lila began to make it back to her makeshift bedroom, where she could make sure she was ready for tomorrow's mission. Since it was almost evening, Lila found it was a good time to get a shower in and make sure she was ready for this mission.