Chapter 3

Hey guys there is a picture of who i picture lia as which is Barbara Palvin on the side bar.

I groan as i slowly slip out bed, frustrated that i have to leave the warm confines of which is my bed. I absolutely hate waking up early, ask anyone and they will tell you I'm am definitely not a morning person, and knowing that i have to do this for the rest of the year is killing me.

I head towards the bathroom, not in the mood to hear my mum yell at me to hurry up and get ready, that's what annoyed me the most. She was always bickering and complaining about something. Nothing was ever up to her standard, and living with her meant that i was constantly on the receiving end of her bickering, so much so that now it's was like i didn't even hear it.

I strip out of my pj's and enter the shower, greeted by the heavenly feeling of hot water cascading down my body and relaxing my muscles. I just stand under the hot water for a few seconds enjoying this moment, before i have to quickly wash my hair and shave my legs. When i step out i am impressed that i only took ten minutes in the shower, leaving more than enough time to blow dry my hair and apply my minimal amount of make up.

*****

Half an hour later i am dressed in a light blue buttoned up blouse tucked into a cute pink floral pleated skirt and brown sandals. My makeup was natural only applying concealer, mascara, blush and a nude pink lip gloss. I loved how my hair turned into a sort of golden brown from the summer sun, it cascaded down and around my shoulders in natural big waves. I never usually put a lot of effort into my appearance as it was only school, but today i decided to take more time and at least try and look abit more cute and girly considering its the first day of senior year. 

After checking how i look in the mirror, i quickly run down stairs to pick up something to eat before heading off.

" well that took you long enough" i heard my mother say coming out of the kitchen all ready to go with her briefcase in hand and looking down at her iPhone. When she finally looked up she stoped walking and eyed me up and down with a judgmental look on her face.

"oh are you wearing that to school or are you going to change?" she asked, clearing disagreeing with my choice in clothing.

"yeah i like it, why what's wrong with it?"  I frowned looking down and running my hands down my skirt.

"oh nothing, it's fine" she said before walking past me to the front door, her heels clacking against the hardwood floor. I just stood there looking at the woman i called my mother and wondered what exactly i had done for her to be so cold and judgmental towards her own daughter.

"well are you coming or are you just going to stand there" 

"uh yeah i'm coming " i said quickly grabbing my bag and my cardigan before closing and locking the from door.

*****

"okay well I'm going to be working late cause i have a meeting so you have to find your own way home" my mother informed me as i was hopping out of her precious Mercedes. I swear at times i felt like she loved this car more than she did me.

"um okay"

"okay great, bye" she waved through the open window before pulling her designer sunglasses up the bridge of her nose and driving off. Just by the way my mother acted and carried herself around you could easily tell she was your typical self obsessed,judgmental and materialistic rich woman who clearly never desired to be a mother, how the hell my father fell for this woman i have no idea, all i can say is that i feel sorry that he had to put up with her for so long.