Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to my special motivating friend😊
@vinujayasighe vinudijayasi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Say cheese," Miley yelled at me while taking what feels like the thousandth photo of the day.

"Cheese........." I said in a forced tone looking at the camera in Miley's hand.

"Mom, let her breathe," Zach said while trying to calm down his mom. The keyword 'tried'. It seems like nothing can stop her from doing what she wanted today.

"Miley, are you done?" I asked her as I was so tired of smiling at the camera with all my teeth out.

"Never my dear never," She said while smirking at me. Oh god, I think I'm going to die if I take another single photo.

"Umm...Miley, I too think it's time you stop. I mean I would love to have loads of photos of my lovely daughter on her graduation day but I kind of think that you might be taking this to a whole new level," My mom said while trying to get the camera away from Miley.

" What no I just took a total of only 564 photos. And you think that's enough?" Miley asked us with a pointed look on her face and slapping away my mom's hands. My parents, Zach and I looked at each other, as we didn't know what to say because neither of us wanted to hurt her feelings.

"Umm...yeah I think it's more than enough Ms. Hunt, I don't want to have a cranky sister with me when we travel back home," Alan said as he came towards us with a box in his hands. Oh ok, all except my stupid elder brother didn't want to hurt Miley's feelings. He doesn't seem to give a shit about others lately. He sure seems to have changed a lot now.

Miley gasped and turned towards me.

" Do you think I'm going overboard with the photos?" she asked me with a hurt look on her face.

Oh crap. "Umm", I didn't know what to say.

"What do you have in that box bro?" Zach asked Alan saving me from his mom. Oh, love you so much, Zach.

"Oh it's a little something for this brat," Alan said while handing over the box to me. I lifted my eyebrow at him and he just gestured for me to open the box. I lifted its lid and everybody started to come closer to have a look.

"Oh come on guys, give me some space," I told them and they moved away chuckling.

"Don't worry, I didn't put a poisonous scorpion in there," Alan said while rolling his eyes at the others. "Well don't blame us, you did that once remember?", Mom said shaking her head. Oh, I very well remember that day. I finally opened it and guess what it had...Donuts. Oh my god, I can't believe this. Did he get me donuts on my graduation day? Oh wow

"Donuts?," Dad said in a question-like manner and looked at Alan

"Well I promised Scar 18 years ago that I would buy her six different types of donuts on the day of her graduation, so yeah that's why," Alan replied casually with his hands stuffed inside his pockets.

I was shocked. I mean come on, do you think I would remember something I said 18 years ago. I was like what, only 4 years old back then. I forget stuff that I do last night and he expects me to remember 18 years ago stuff. That's so sweet of him to remember it but I have to say, Alan is so different comparing him to who he was 4 years ago. He seems so distant and quiet and lost. He is not his usual cheery personality who was such an annoying asshole sometimes but still the sweet elder brother anyone would ever want. Well, I think I know what changed him. Or to be more specific who. And I feel sick even at the mere thought of 'that person'.

" Honey? Are you okay? I called out your name five times now and you didn't reply," My mom asked me while slightly shaking my shoulder. I zoned out for a complete moment that I forgot where I was. I shook my head and looked around me to see everyone looking at me.

"Oh yeah mom, I'm fine. Sorry, I just remembered something," I apologized to her.

"Thank you so much for these Alan. You are the best," I gave him a nod and smiled.

"Hmm.," came his reply.

"Ok, now that it's done who wants to enjoy some Mexican food," Zach asked enthusiastically looking at us. Food always food, oh god will he ever change. I looked at him with a 'are you serious' look. Before I could say anything Miley hit the back of her son's head.

"What's wrong with you Zach?" she asked him with her stern voice.

"What's wrong with eating? I am so hungry after this tiring graduation that I need to taste some tacos right now," Zach whined like a baby looking at his mother and stomping his feet.

"You are unbelievable, sometimes I wonder how you ever graduated from the university," Miley said while shaking her head at Zach.

"Umm.....guys, actually I too think it's a good idea to get some tacos. I'm famished too," I told them. What, just because I blame Zach for being hungry doesn't mean that I'm not hungry myself.

" Fine, since today is your day sweetheart, you are the boss. So let's go get whatever you want," my dad said while ruffling my hair.

"Aww thanks, dad," I told him while hugging him.

"Ok ok, now that the father-daughter bonding is done, raise your hand if anyone wants quesadillas too?" Zach asked while rubbing his hands together and licking his lips. Wow, he must be really hungry.

" Oh god, this child," Miley was looking at the sky and pointing at Zach as if asking God about her son's behavior.

Everyone laughed at them. It feels so nice to have your loved ones around you, laughing and joking here and there. I would never forget times like these. Even though these moments are rare, I would cherish them forever. It is what motivates you when you feel like life is putting its weight on you treating you like shit. Thinking of what I have been through in my past years, I wonder what would have happened if I'm still stuck in that dark hole I was in before. Well, I'm sure I don't want to go back to that particular memory lane. And as I made a promise to myself back then, which I'm willing to keep, I will stay true to my words and will never look back. Or so that's what I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and Comments Guys :) Hope you liked it.