CHAPTER 19 - ATTACK OF THREA

CHAPTER 19-ATTACK OF THREA

“Tell me or I swear I’ll tell them the truth about your true identity!”

Jo, feeling defeated, sighed heavily, looked away at her completely devastated sister and wondered until when will her sister use her secret to blackmail her into telling her everything she wants know. 

“My power has limits,” Jo started. “Limits that if crossed will bring me nothing but... a little pain.”

“You call what happened to you the other day a little pain?” Hanna asked in a slightly raised voice. “Don’t you dare lie to me, sister!”

“I’m still a little dizzy, Hanna,” Jo said to change the topic. “I drunk too much and had slept for only an hour. I wanted to sleep more but you forced me to drink a medicine to make me sober so can we just stop this conversation and let me rest?”

“How do you know when you’ve reached your limit?” Hanna asked instead.

“Hanna...”

Hanna raised her eyebrow and put her hands on her waist. “Answer me!”

“The dragon!” Jo shouted in defeat and showed the dragon at the back of her hand. “Every time I use fire, the dragon will crawl up to my arms til it reaches my neck. When the dragon’s head reaches my neck, then that’s when I’ll know I have reached the limit and will have to endure the consequence.”

“And the consequence,” Hanna said in a trembling voice. “The consequence is... is you suffer like what we’ve witnessed before?”

Jo nodded and almost regretted it.

The reason why she refused to tell it to her sister up until now is because she knew Hanna will be afraid and will never stop worrying about her. Hanna might even blame herself for not being able to do anything to help her and it pisses her off more because it was never her fault. She chose it and there is no one to blame.     

“Ria’s here!” Fier suddenly shouted, making Jo jump in surprise. “She’s right outside the castle!” 

“What?” Jo demanded, slightly pressing both her hands on her ears to erase the buzzing sounds Fier created when he suddenly shouted. “Who did you say is outside the castle?”

“The Air Dragon is here,” Fier said in a softer voice. “I felt her. She’s just right outside hiding somewhere behind the trees.”

Jo stood up immediately and went to the small and round window nearest to her. Through the darkness, she scanned the surrounding but nothing seemed unusual to her. She shoot fire on the unlit torches at the left side of the wall but she saw nothing - not even a small single movement.

“What’s wrong?” Hanna asked from behind Jo.

She turned around to face her and ordered her to lock the door when she’s gone. Hanna demanded for an explanation but Jo was too concerned about the Air Dragon to waste any time for explanations but she did promise to her sister that she’ll explain everything when she gets back.

“Jo!” Hanna shouted but Jo did not look back at her and headed to the door.

“I said later, Hanna!” Jo answered in panic and closed the door behind her. “Lock this door!”