Chapter 6: Shattered Mirror

Harry's POV

The street was eerie quite then usual or maybe it was just me. I walked down the path with the lads behind in the car full of our stuff. We were going to be staying at Katie's house.

I knew what they were thinking. I'm nuts she's dead but I didn't care I needed some hope for me to cope with her passing.

I had called Katie's parents the night before to discuss staying over at their house. They no longer lived there only the housekeeper because they couldn't bare to part with the house. I guess they could since Mr. Summers was a well paid anesthesiologist.

Katie's house was never far from mine it was just five blocks across near the border of the neighborhood.

I arrived at the house standing in front of it. It looked more run down then usual with paint chipped off in a lot of places but then again it has been abandoned and not really maintained minus the inside. The UK weather can definitely beat up a houses exterior fast here.

I just stood there looking at the run down house in the front lawn. At the same time the lads parked the car in the driveway and started unpacking the stuff. It wasn't until Louis came over to me that I zoned back to reality.

"You ok Hazza" Louis said patting my back.

"Umm yeah, I believe so" I replied.

"Ok, good because you look like you just saw a ghost. But with the look of this house you could have."

"It used to be all nice and cozy when they lived here"

"Just come on, I don't want you out here if it starts to rain"

We walked up the porch the stairs creaking as we walked. It looked dark in the house with the windows down blocking any sunlight from outside. The rest of the lads finally made it next to us before I rang the bell.

A blond girl opened the door staring at us with a smirk. She looked like she was in her early twenties. "So you guys are the all too famous One Direction"

"Yeah I guess so" said Liam

"Well I'm Emma nice to meet you, never a fan" she said while shaking our hands and ushering us in the house.

"So why are you still here?" I questioned.

"This place doesn't scare me like the 10 maids that came before me. Those old geezers. I'm fine with paranormal and anyway she doesn't do much to harm anyone. I just end up cleaning her mess everyday but that's fine by me."

"What do you mean" Niall gulped.

"Just some rules for you guys to survive the house" She said ignoring Niall.

"1. Avoid the staircase at six p.m. especially the mirror" she whispered.

"2. Don't go into the basement.

3. Hear voices just forget about them especially whispers around six.

4. And most important don't step in the cracked hole at the end of the stairs.

5. Don't bother me.

If you fall those rules you will be fine. Now!"She said rubbing her hands together "Why don't you guys get settled and I'll cook dinner" She said walking away from the foyer and through a door out of sight. The lads stood there frozen.

I grabbed my bag and ushered them through the house.

I walked them to the living room on the left side; kitchen on the other side of the foyer then I showed them down the hall leading to the stairs.