Chapter 8

"_____, what is it? Is something wrong?" Seokjin reaches for your hand and entwines his fingers with yours, and only then do you realise that your hands have been shaking

Looking up, you take in the sight of him. His lips plumped and swollen, pink and wet after the kiss. His eyes are hazy, and when they were showing you his dark desire only moments ago, they are now staring at you with a pained gaze in them.

"Did I really hurt you that bad, _____?" he murmurs softly, as if questioning himself rather than doing it to you. The worrying line appears thick on his face, enough to have you choking on your words.

"Jin, I—"

"I'm sorry. I really mean it. I don't know how many times I need to apologise, I will," he cuts you off before you could say anything, not only with his pleas but with the touch of his lips. You have been so deep in your terrible memories that you didn't notice it when he leans close. While you are distracted with his lips and his soft voice, he wraps his arms around you as if he wants to stop you from breaking apart.

"Just—" you clear your throat when you still cannot find your voice. "Just tell me why? Why did you have to torment me so much when we were kids?"

Remorse and sadness start to fill his eyes and you suddenly regret bringing things up. You probably should have said anything because his smile vanishes and a somber expression takes over his feature. The sight of him fractures something deep inside your heart that you start chewing the inside your cheeks, indecision weighing heavily in your gut. You still cannot believe that you had kissed him, even more so to think that you actually liked it. But you cannot deny that it still hurts every time the memory of the past comes back to you.

Seokjin's eyes burn into yours when he slowly starts to speak. "I never hated you, if that's what you are thinking. Even if I can truly understand if you do hate me for everything I did," he says, sighing deeply while he runs his fingers through his hair. "Honestly, I don't really have a great excuse. I kind of always liked you."

That has you raising your brows. He liked you? But that makes no sense.

"Well, you sure have a terrible way of showing it. You kinda had then and still kind of do," you murmur softly, confused, while his cheeks flush under your gaze.

With a small grin on his face, he responds to you slowly, "I know I do. Back then, I was just a stupid kid who wanted you to pay attention to me. Then, when I got older and we were in high school, I realised how stupid it was but you already hated me. So it was like, what the hell is the point on changing it now?"

That does sound stupid. Frowning at him, you can only ask, "And how did that lead to you embarrassing me in high school with the boob pic rumours and the name you gave me then?"

Seokjin blinks slowly and then his face pales. Turning his gaze on the floor, his hands clench tight on his side and he looks angry. Though it is clear that he seems to be angry at himself more than he does to you, or to the situation he created then.