one.

wildflowers by tom petty

"you belong among the wild flowers, you belong somewhere close to me, far away from your trouble and worry, you belong somewhere you feel free"

"this is some shit." i say flicking my cigarette bud into the darkness.

"what are you talking about, winter? we made it we finally graduated. you've been waiting for this day for the longest time" bigi says as i hear the song dancing queen by abba play inside the graduation party.

"yeah, but now what, we're actually adults, no more not having to get a job , no more skipping school, or anymore teenage shit. our wasted youth is over and now we're just some lame ass adults with adult responsibilities." my mouth never seeming to stop. "bigi, im just not ready to follow the script of the world, i don't wanna play house and pay bills, that life is just not for me. bigi do ever think about just leaving"

"and go where ?" bigi says breathlessly as the muffled song comes to an end.

my mind puzzled, and i realized that there's a big difference between deciding to leave and knowing where to go. " well anywheres gotta be better than this shithole." i muttered kicking some rocks.

"better a shithole you know?" he replies sarcastically.

he takes a drag of his cigarette before handing it to me. i take a long drag then throw it getting up from bigis lap.

"what're you doin?"

"goodbye, bigi."