six.

i was always young by don mclean

"through all those empty years, watermarked with tears. it's held up very well while my life has gone to hell but what's really strange is how little i have changed"

winter's pov

"what the fuck do you mean you shot him" bigi yelled at me.

"he shot at me. he caught me by surprise. what was i suppose to do" i shouted at him with tears in my eyes. "we need to get far away from here"

the craziest part about all this was with all the guilt and sadness came the tiniest bit of excitement. i know i'm supposed to be a good girl. i know i'm supposed to be happy doing needlework samplers and baking potatoes in coal and whatnot. but lord, i love running from the law.

i sobbed uncontrollably. i shot someone. "what if he died, bigi i killed someone. i mean atleast i got about 700 dollars with it" i laugh a little

"how are you laughing" his voice cracked looking at me like i was completely batshit crazy.

"it's just a little ironic that's all." i shrugged

we left the state immediately and ended up in oregon. ive been feeling so remorseful about shooting that guy. bigi has been by my side he knows how horrible and guilty i feel about it and he doesn't judge me. even though i have every right to be judged. i need a safe place right now and bigi is just that. he's my comfort. i love him.