Ghost of The Past

Bakugo's POV:

Through the darkness a light shines bright ahead of me. As the light engulfed me. I covered my eyes with my right arm. After my eyes adjust. Infront of me is Deku as a kid running towards me. He's wearing a santa hat and his Christmas All Might ugly sweater.

"Kacchan wanna play?"

Deku runs past me and I see myself as a child building a snowman that looks like All Might.

"Yeah sure I guess."

I remember why I was so depressed this Christmas. It was because of my mom. Every year my dad would work hard to get up enough money to get me something. My mom while he was at work would make me do all the cleaning and cooking. While she sat on the couch watching TV. As I was making dinner. She came in the kitchen and smacked me on my head while yelling at me.

"THAT'S NOT GRANDMA'S RECIPE! Try it again you little shit!"

So I threw away the almost done dinner and went to start again. Right as I was putting the casserole in the oven. She startles me by poking my sides. This caused me to get burnt on my hands. Once dad came home. She told me to cover up my hands so he wouldn't find out. Then after we ate. She made up an excuse to use the money dad had earned. Like she did every year. So that she could get the money and spend it on herself. The next year my dad worked day in and day out in order to have enough money for Christmas, but once the day came. He collapsed and fell down the stairs because of how tired he was. So that Christmas we were at the hospital. Apparently the reason why he didn't catch himself while falling wasn't because of exostion. It was because he was protecting the limited edition All Might golden age figure he hot me the night before. Knowing this I started to hate the holidays. Then I developed my quirk and quit playing with my only friend at the time because he was quirkless. My mom actually told me that my quirk was too dangerous for me to hang out with him anymore. That's when I started bullying him every day in hopes that he'd leave me alone, but instead. Deku kept coming around and insisted that we were still friends. Deku is an idiot and doesn't understand that we're not friends anymore.

"Do you really think that friendship is that fragile Ground Zero?"

"Just shut up! Why are you showing me what I already know?"

"You know nothing. You just think that you can solve all your problems with hatred and fear. When in actuality you're the scared one."

The image of my past fades to darkness again as the sensation of falling hits me.