Chapter Four

After begging and pleading with Eddie for the entire rest of the previous day, he had finally conceded in letting Caroline come to the quarry with him.

So here she stood in nothing but her nice light pink underwear and blue bra, right next to Richie who had been maybe a bit too happy to have Caroline undressed; watching as all the boys and Riley played loogie.

Riley was also there; after much pleading from Caroline who had decided Riley was one of her favourite people ever. She was also in her underwear, which consisted of this black slip as she had been wearing some crazy cool dress that day. She stood beside Stan,having decided to partake in the game of loogie aswell.

Everyone was still getting used to Riley; although her level of intimidation did decrease rapidly once she removed her boots while undressing. The girl who had originally been the tallest there was now among the smallest with Caroline and Eddie. For some reason this advantage in height made the boys feel at ease.

Caroline felt rather uncomfortable to tell the truth, between the prying stares she was certain the boys were giving her and the disgusting sounds of them hacking up phlegm from the back of their throats she was almost ready to push someone into the quarry.

But of course she would never let this on, or else Eddie would cause a fuss and make her leave and he wouldn't let her hang out with them again. He caused enough of a scene when Caroline started taking off her dress, she wasn't ready for what he'd do if he caught anyone staring.

The boys and Riley each took a turn spitting out their loogie. Caroline screwed up her face in disgust as each flew out over the edge of the cliff they were stood on.

"Oh my god that was terrible I win!" Richie exclaimed after Eddie spat out his loogie.

"You won?! Did you even see my loogie?" Eddie complained

"Yeah but mine went the furthest! It's about distance!"

"It's mass, it's always been about mass!"

"Who gives a shit about mass?"

"It's about how cool it looks and whether it's white or green or juicy and fat-"

"Ew guys ok thanks for that" Caroline groaned, hiding her face in her hands.

"Alright!" Bill interrupted "whos first?"

They all looked over the edge of cliff, not a single person moving or preparing to jump in.

"I'll go!" A voice called from behind

Beverly marsh had just dropped her bike and began to unbutton her dress, shedding it off and running carelessly off the cliff

"Sissies" she stated simply.

Carrie instinctively began to cover herself at the sight of Beverlys body which was far more mature than hers. She watched in a slightly sad manner as Beverly leaped off the edge of the cliff.

"What the fuck!" Richie yelled "ah holy shit we just got shown up by a girl!"

"Make that two!" Riley announced before jumping in herself.

Caroline watched as Riley plummeted in next to Beverly, laughing heartily as she came back up for air.

"Gosh, make it three I guess" Caroline stated, sounding slightly uncertain as she jumped off, letting out a high pitched screech as she went; although she gained back some confidence in the way down, doing i small somersault in the air.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me" She heard Richie complain once she resurfaced, immediately being engulfed into a hug by Beverly.

"That was fucking awesome! I didn't know you could do that" Beverly said excitedly as she threw her arm around Caroline.