4

Since the last major hangover and my slip up of spending too long in his arms to have a viable reason to, my crush had grown. What used to be a friendly greeting hug, my face would turn a bright red burning my deep desire for him even more. Every bit of intimacy I relished and every time I met those icy blue eyes my heart shattered into a thousand tiny pieces as I waited for him to pick me up after he pulled me apart and put me together.

It was a hot day and I could feel my cheeks burning outside from the sun as i was read my book 'Anna Karenina' on the warm grass of our new garden. I lazily got up to answer the vibrations of my phone on the kitchen counter to see Vans name light up on the screen.

"Y/n! I'm so bored and I have to help mum with the b&b please come and help me!" He pleaded over the phone.

"Fine all I'm doing is reading, do I need to bring anything?"

"Aah bring a swimsuit we can go to the pier!" I could hear his excitement and new he would be grinning ear to ear showing off his dimples. I had told him I loved swimming and used to be on the team at my old school before things went to shit.

I'd never been to a fair or anything like that so I could feel the excitement build in my stomach. It was either that or how I was about to stand in front of Van with nothing but a tiny two piece. It was my favourite bikini, it was a multicoloured with high wasted bottoms and with a simple top. Nothing fancy, how I liked it. I chucked on some brown high waist cord shorts and simple button up shirt.

Mum had found a decent paying job so wanting to build a good impression she was not taking any holidays quite yet saving them for a nice weekend or Christmas. So I scrambled out the house putting Spock inside with some water and locking the door behind me slinging my scruffy black kånken around my shoulder. I took it everywhere always containing a pair of headphones, a book, my film camera, random crap and some loose change.

I walked down to the peer in the blistering heat, unusual for the British weather, I had a hop in my step as I usually would when visiting Van and a cheery aura around me. My legs felt sticky from the copious amounts of sun cream I had slapped on earlier and I could feel my cheeks tinge slightly red.

I could start to see the colourful row houses and looking out for Vans I turned in the corner and skipped up their small drive and opened the pale green door. Over the last couple of weeks I had grown accustomed to walking in unannounced and making myself at home. I found Van in the kitchen cleaning up mugs and dishes in the sink. Taking my chance I quickly jumped out at him scaring the daylight out his poor soul and a shocked look on his face.
"I'm not that ugly am I?" I giggled after the shriek he let out.
"Oh my god y/n what the hell I nearly died!" Over exaggerating as usual. I picked up the wet plates and started drying them "mam said we can go once I finished these and she gave me cash for an ice cream and the pier!" He beamed excitedly at me, infecting a smile on my face.

"Is Larry coming to?" I was reluctant to ask and truth be told as much as I loved him I wished it would be just me and van. Me and Larry had really hit it off but recently I felt my feelings for van had started to show and was only a matter of time before Larry would inevitably ask me about it.

"Nah he's on holiday int he. His family's taken him up north to see the rest of his folk" he explained absent mindedly as we both put away the dishes and bits of cutlery. "I can't believe you haven't been to the pier yet love"

"I know, I'm well excited I want candyfloss too!"

***

"Aaaah Van stop splashing! Nooo!" I screamed as we ran into the water. The beach was pretty packed but had just gone one so alot of people were getting lunch. I could tell Van was feeling extra cheeky and honestly standing in barely anything Infront of the whole of Wales it scared me. He ran over laughing tickling me every where and picking my up into him by my waist.
"See you love the water!"
"Aah fuck not when I'm being attacked!" I screamed trying to wiggle out of his grip failing at the same time to stop the butterflies from fluttering in my stomach at his touch.

"Van if you don't put me down no I will never speak to you again!"I threatened
"Aaaw babe you wouldn't, you've got no other friends!" Van tried, I ignored how he called me 'babe'.
"VAN! That was mean I'm friends with Benji and Bob!" I explained trying to breath as now his arms were quite tight. I think he sensed that and let go dropping me into the cooling ocean. Usually it would shock me but with the heat in the air it was more of a relief.

I let myself sink to the bottom embracing the comforting feeling of being back in the water. Van went under to and his beautiful long hair, in need of a cut billowed around and I so badly wanted to move it out his eyes. My thoughts got the better of me as I did exactly what I was thinking. He grinned back at me and I realized what I'd done. Shit.

The way he looked at me was clearly due to the heat so I stood up suggesting we go get that ice cream. His eyes seemed to go sad but was quickly masked by a large toothy grin followed by a thousand questions of what flavour I would get.

***

The chocolate ice cream was now dripping down my hand whilst van was licking his fingers showing he had finished. He had ordered me two scoops and as everyone knows I could eat for England like van but I had already had a big lunch so was struggling.

"Van how the heck have you finished that already? I don't think I can finish mine I'm sorry" I looked up at him with sorry eyes feeling bad as he'd spent money on me. But to my surprise he just laughed and swapped my ice cream for the clean napkin he hadn't used. We walked along the pier as van finished off my ice cream and I took pictures on my camera. I think I wasted most of the film with pictures of van with ice cream down his face looking like a child again.

"Hey what you takin pictures of me for look at that sky should be lookin at that" van whined

"I prefer your funny face" I cooked and booked him on the nose before I skipped down the pier spotting the tea cups. I knew he'd be grinning from my childish behaviour, I always knew how to put a smile on his face. "Van" I called out "let's go the tea cups!"

"Okay but pizza afterwards" he called back walking towards where I had chosen the yellow tea cup and waiting for him to pay the vendor. Tea cups had always been my favourite ride not being to big into the scary ones. I remember when I was little and coming to Llandudno carnival and my Vans dad taking me and van to it.

***
"Thanks for the pizza van" I smiled up at him as I ate the last slice taking one more bite. "Open wide" I shoved it into his mouth as his cheeks filled laughing in unison.

"No problem y/n"

Hi kiddos so for the Reason that is logistics with Bondy and Billy swapping over you are now on 17 and Van is 20! Sorry loves, enjoy xx