Chapter 1

!!GETTING EDITED!!

Freshman Year
Aiden.

There she was, the girl of my dreams. I've been crushing on this girl since the sixth grade. We haven't talked in awhile, that's alright, right?

Aiden, you can do this. Just breathe, and relax and it'll all be fine. "Hey Jade! As you know, the Valentine's dance is coming up soon and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" Simple.

I gathered all of the confidence I had in me and picked up the heart shaped balloons, and the chocolates I had bought earlier.

I took a big breathe and let it out. While I was walking up to her, I already had attracted a crowd. By, the time I got to her she gave me a confused look.

You got this Aiden. You're a Tanner. I told myself.

"H-Hey Jade! Uhm, as you know the, Valentines dance is coming up and well.. I was uhm wondering if you wanted to go with m-me?" She was dead silent. That could've gone better.

Then Hunter had shown up. Great, this is just great. "What's up Jade? I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me?" He had what I lacked in: Confidence and charm.

She turned away from me, giving him all of her attention. I frowned, knowing I could never get that. "Yes, Hunter! I would love too!" She said and then threw her arms around him and hugged him.

Hunter looked at me and just smirked. Jade pulled away from him and looked at me. He slid his arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

She furrowed her brows and then glanced toward the floor. "See you around, Tanner." And then she left with her group.

I sighed knowing I was never going to talk to her again or even see her.

Senior Year.

My head had snapped up, bring me back awake when I heard my name being called. "Aiden Tanner." Ms. Martinez said.

I rubbed my eyes and said a quick 'here'. As soon as she saw me, she gave me a smile. Ms. Martinez had to be one of my favourite teachers. But, I hate her class because it started to damn early.

She continued with roll call and then she was about to explain was we were going to do today, but she was cut off by the door swinging open.

It opened to reveal the one and only.. Jade Mortez.

"Once again, Jade you have to stop being late." Ms. Martinez was too kind for her own good, in all honesty.

Jade yawned. "Yeah, sorry about that. I woke up late and I honestly couldn't bring myself to get up either." It was rare, to see Jade be kind.

"It's all right, dear. Just take your seat and please be on time next time." Jade nodded and walked toward her seat, beside me.

I shifted uncomfortably as soon as she sat down. She looked at me and studied my side profile for awhile. "Need something?"

She laughed and shook her head.

"Alright class! Today, we will began our acting unit! Since, I assume all of you have read Romeo and Juliet, each of you will be in partners and doing a scene."