Chapter 6: Advice, But Make it Riddles

I blushed at Atsa's compliment, and he looked up meeting my eyes. I looked away hastily, feeling awkward. When I looked back up he was still watching me, and I smiled slightly.

And just as we were in the middle of a movie moment, Spencer opened the door and came out again, interrupting and making me blush further.

I hoped Atsa had been flirting, I didn't really know much about it, never having been on the receiving end before.

Spencer looked between us before speaking up cautiously, sensing the tension in the air.

"Aj are you going to come in? Because the dude who runs the bar, told me I have to leave if I don't have a legal reason to be here."

I rolled my eyes at him, before giving Atsa a small wave and retreating inside, mumbling goodbye behind me.

After the door shut behind me Spencer turned to me, "Did I interrupt you guys about to kiss or something?" He teased me.

I shushed him as everyone's eyes turned to us in response to his comment. Some of the people looked amused and I blushed in embarrassment.

The man behind the bar was not amused.

He had a very annoyed look on his face and he sighed as we walk in, "As I told your friend here unless you have a parent with you, you are not allowed in here."

He explained this to us very slowly, as if he thought we were dim.

I blushed deeper, and in response to his frightening voice, I froze, my mouth unable to form words.

Spencer looked over at me, waiting for me to explain why we are here to the intimidating man. I just shook my head, gesturing for him to talk.

"Speak up, you nincompoop" the voice hissed in my head, thoroughly irritated with me. It was almost more irritated then I was with myself.

Spencer sighed, "Sorry to bother you sir, but we are looking for a man named Stefan?"

The man started laughing, before pointing to a man in the far corner of the bar, "In that case, " he said, "Good luck, "

Spencer and I exchanged a questioning look. That was an odd thing to say.

The bartender chuckled again before turning back to his work, continuing on as if we were no longer there.

Spencer's eyebrows furrowed, and that, added to the tightness in his face told me the sleeping pills he had taken on the plane were still affecting him. He looked irritable.

Swallowing, I began to step closer to the man that the bartender had gestured too, that was hopefully the Stefan we were looking for.

I took a breath and went to tap the man on the shoulder to get his attention, Spencer close behind me.

But about an inch from touching the horrid yellow-green coloured tunic that covered the man's shoulders, the man spoke.

"You're Ajei I presume, the chief told me in my dreams you might be coming today."

I scrunched my nose up and stepped back, not liking that he knew my name.

I looked at Spencer, as if in confirmation that what he had just said was strange.

Spencer rubbed his temple as if in real pain, "He probably heard you talking outside, you did tell that guy your name when the door was still slightly open." He said in an aggravated voice.

The man in front of us that was possibly Stefan, turned so we could see his face, and I felt like I was looking at Santa Claus. His beard was so white and long.