07

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME BRENDA??"

★彡Dustin and Lucas watched with curiousity as Max and Charlotte arrived at the arcade in Billy's car

★彡
Dustin and Lucas watched with curiousity as Max and Charlotte arrived at the arcade in Billy's car. First, Max walked out and slammed the door, then the car started driving before Charlotte even properly opened her door, causing he to fall out, landing face-first on the concrete. Max raised her middle finger to the now leaving car and took out plasters from her pocket after noticing that her friend had a few cuts on her face. Dustin was trying to see if the Charlotte definitely had a number tattoo, and Lucas wanted to know whether Max was MadMax, by how good she was at DigDug and other games. Fortunately for Lucas, Max was obviously winning every game and never noticed him. Unfortunately for Dustin, the girl he was stalking spotted him a few times (but never did anything and just shrugged it off) and she was wearing a long-sleeved hoodie that covered her wrists.

On the other side of the glass, the girls were having the time of their lives. Max had a winning streak and Charlie did good enough for a beginner,and they kept on glancing longingly at each other.

"Charlie?" Max asked, satisfied with a new high score.

"Yes, Maxine?" Charlotte said back, laughing and ignoring the boys she kept on (presuming that she was) imagining on the other side of the window.

"Hey, I used your nickname, now use mine!" "Anyway, my brother will leave if we don't get out of here right now, so let's go!"

The car ride back to the house was the most awkward one Max had ever experienced. Her friend had never been in a car before Billy's, but could tell that this was not what a car ride should be like. For ten minutes, nobody spoke, the two girls continued to steal glances at each other and even managed to have enough courage to 'platonically' hold hands. Meanwhile, the teenager driving the car played rock music at full volume with the windows down, going way past the local speed limit.

Desperate to break the awkward silence, Charlotte decided to taunt Billy for entertainment "What's it like to have the best sister ever, man-child?"

"Are you kidding me?" Billy mocked in a high pitched voice,
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME BRENDA??" 

He slammed his fists down on the wheel and turned the music down, preparing to yell, especially because he saw the two girls holding hands and did not want his father to find out and hurt Max. Billy started to remind Charlotte of her father, which made her stop talking and avoid his gaze through the rear-view mirror.

"It's actually Charlie."Max chimed in, knowing what was about to happen but trying to defend her ew friend.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE NAME OF YOUR ANNOYING EXCUSE OF A BUDDY MAXINE!" "GET OUT OF THE CAR AND MY SIGHT, WALK HOME AND CONSIDER GETTING A BOYFRIEND NOT A GIRLFRIEND THAT WILL GET YOU BULLIED AND HURT!" He continued, shaking with anger.

Billy stopped the car (purposefully on a huge pile of mud) so that the girls could get out, then zoomed off, spraying them with mud, on the way to a date with a girl he did not know the name of.

"Wanna stay for a sleepover?" Max said cheerily, unfazed and only having a fraction of the amount of mud on her that her friend beside her did.

"Of course, I'd love to Maxi." Charlotte replied, attempting to wipe the mud off her face, but failing completely.

"Let me help." Max chuckled, stepping towards her friend slowly and moving her hand to her face.

She wiped the mud of Charlotte's cheek and wiped it on her jeans, not caring that they were her favourite pair, only caring that Charlotte was smiling and looking into her eyes. Wanting to hug Max, or even kiss her, after the small fights they had with Billy, Charlotte tried to move closer to her friend, only to slip over in the mud, covering her whole outfit in it. Max laughed and held out her hand, helping Charlotte up, before pushing her back down again and laughing harder. In response, Charlotte pulled Max down with her, splashing both of them with mud, and joined in with the laughter. For a minute, their eyes locked again and they stopped laughing to take in each other. This was when Max realised that she saw Charlotte as more than a friend, and only after one day of knowing her, it felt like she had known her forever. She was the prettiest girl she had ever seen. However, the moment didn't last long, because Max glanced at her watch for a second and noticed that dinner would be ready in half an hour and being late would lead to an argument and possibly her step-father losing control.

"Sorry, Char, but we need to get back, or Billy's dad will kill us." She said, avoiding Charlotte's gaze incase it was too upset.

"It's fine, I want to change into a hoodie that isn't covered in cow shit and god knows what else."

"Is hoodies and baggy jeans all you like to wear?"

"Yup!"

Author's Note
Hey! I just wanted to make a few things clear if you're confused:
1. Charlie does have long hair, as Brenner never had the guts to cut it off and ruin their relationship even more, and she did not use her head at all really for her powers

2. Her name was Michelle when I first wrote this and I changed it to Charlotte after a while - mainly because it sounded too much like Eleven and didn't really suit the character. I might have missed times that it says the wrong name, so comment d you spot Michelle instead of Charlotte, I would appreciate it :)

3. Although born before Max and everyone, Charlie spent time in the Upside Down and time works differently there, especially because she created it and travelled there through a portal, so she is the same as them

4. Imagine if Charlie was called Brenda Brenner 🤣🤣

 Imagine if Charlie was called Brenda Brenner 🤣🤣