Chapter 3

Another month passed by, and it didn't take Katsuki long to get used to everything. He gets a little fussy if I don't feed him first when it comes to feeding the cats. He also seems to like blocking me from whatever I'm doing, so i'll pay attention to him. It was cute for the first two times, but after the 5th time, it was a little annoying.

Waking up today was rather hard. It had taken a while to fall asleep the night before. Probably because Tamaki had doubled in size, which was worrying, and Katsuki was now the same size Tamaki was last month. Which was starting to scare me, i was beginning to have to buy more food, and i didn't know if this could hurt them or not. I took them to the vet, but they said they've never seen this before.

I sighed and slowly rose already hearing Katsuki about ready to scratch at my door even though it was open." please don't Katsu" I had given him that nickname about the fifth day he was here, mostly because i had voice cracked and it cut off to just Katsu. I got up and dressed and headed downstairs and started to make breakfast.

Once it had fully cooked, I realized Tamaki was no where to be found. "Tamaki! food is done!" I listened for his feet but heard nothing. I put Katsuki's food down and went to look for him. I found him asleep on my laundry again and smiled, holding in a giggle as I slowly picked him up.

"Morning, sleepy kitty."

'oh wow, he's heavy.'

---

Tamaki woke up to the sweet noise of his human and started shaking only to realize he was being held by her this made him grow very still, she was holding onto him, not that other cat, he thinks maybe called Katsuki, not those odd animals that never moved or made a sound. But for him, he started to purr loving every second.

---

I chuckled and headed downstairs, setting him down and placing his food in front of him, watching to make sure Katsuki wouldn't try and steal his food before going to eat my own. "shit I have work today." I worked at a No-Kill Animal Shelter and was proud to say I have found lovely homes for any pet there, though there were still a lot.

I washed all the dishes when I was done and started to get dressed in my uniform, immediately I can here two sets of paws scrambling towards the door." come on guys you know I need to leave sometimes." I headed downstairs, and sure enough, Katsuki and tamaki were blocking the door."Tamaki, Katsu, please move" she went over and tried opening the door it barely moved, but I kept pulling and managed to slip my body through."Don't worry. I'll be back like usual," I headed to my car and drove off.

The day at the shelter was a rather long one, but in the end, some pets got a home. I walked out of the Animal Shelter and saw an Ambulance ride along with a fire truck. I looked into the direction they went and saw smoke nearby I ran over and saw a building on fire. Firefighters and police all around. I heard a nearby policeman talk to the firefighter.

" I'm sure you got them all out," The firefighter responded.

"Yeah, that was the last one." I smiled glad everyone was ok and turned to leave when I heard something, sure ever person was out, but that didn't me- "meow."

My body turned around on its own, and I started running into the burning building, 'doesn't mean animals are out!' I started coughing cause of all the smoke and coverd my mouth with my shirt and dodged a falling pillar, which I jumped over. I could hear the distant shouts of people screaming that someone ran in, but I ignored it. I kept looking and heard another noise and ran toward it.

There lying on the ground under some burning planks of wood was a cat. I wasted no time pushing it off and cradling the poor cat. I started to run back out but got hit by some falling ceiling and fell over, I hissed at the burning feeling, but I couldn't let that stop me. I turned and pushed the rubble, wincing as it burnt my hands. I got back up and picked the cat back up and kept running. I managed to make it out as the whole place burst into even more flames probably hit something flammable. I slowed down out of breath, people coming up to me worried and a few policemen yelling about my recklessness. Everything was so faint I couldn't hear. I looked at the cat as it opened its eyes for a second before it fell unconscious. I smiled at that before falling over. The ground was so cold, and I couldn't help but take it all in as my eyes shut.