Chapter 5

the picture is from a great friend of mine. you can find them on Tumblr/Instagram barrenh so you should go check her out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another month has passed, and it turns out Tamaki is an even faster learner then I thought to be. Since now, he's able to say sentences, though it took him about half the month to sleep in his provided room, and even more so for him to remember to put his clothes on. A few times, I had considered bringing him to the store with me, with all his pleading for me not to go, but then I would notice his ears and tail and realize I probably couldn't tell people it was cosplay. Though another problem with his new form was now Katsuki and Dabi bullied him more than ever. Often I could see them practically waiting so they could run at his legs and trip him. Usually, when that happens, I'd scold them and hug Tamaki comfortingly.

It still boggles me on how this even happened. It started with me just adopting cats now. I have a cat/human hybrid in my home. Oh, and ever-growing cats, though the good thing is that the growth isn't stretching Dabi's burns, so he isn't in pain, which is good.

I woke up to something vibrating behind me, and I didn't need much guessing to guess what or actually who it was. I managed to turn my body from within Tamaki's arms and looked at tamaki. Slightly shaking him awake."Hey Tamaki, it's time to wake up." There was one excuse for when I let Tamaki sleep in my bedroom, and it was when he got a nightmare from his past owner.

I thought it was slightly cute the first night he so very lightly knocked on my door after he had woken up from a nightmare. It made me think of a child in a movie that needed to sleep with their parents after a dream about a big bad monster. I probably would have giggled then if it weren't for his scared look in his eyes or his tears.

He didn't wake up right away, so I had to pester him a bit more, like petting his head. Shaking him but not too hard, anything i could think of to get him up, and finally, he opened his eyes, he smiled a little which put me in a good mood, good the nightmare wasn't constant throughout the night.

---

Tamaki woke up to His Human's face and purred louder. He wanted to wake up to her face every day, and he was guilty to admit, but after her reaction to his first nightmare, sometimes he would lie about it just so that he had an excuse to sleep with her. It made him think about how easy it was to manipulate her, which scared him considerably. What if the other cats try to take advantage of her and her kindness?

Tamaki continued to think about it, and it slowly started to bother him more and more.' I have to make sure they don't, but Katsuki is rather scary.

---

'his thoughts were interrupted when His Human sat up, or he couldn't call her, His Human, she did tell him her, 'what's the word, oh yeah name, she told me her name, (Y/N).'

He sat up as well and yawned."A-Afternoon (Y/N)"

he tried to hold in his purring since he couldn't help but think His Human's name sounded so adorably fitting. His eyes lit up as he heard laughter, or maybe it was a giggle? He always got them mixed up. Anyway, a laugh came from her." Why are you, l-laughing?"

I stopped laughing."It's a morning not afternoon, and the afternoon is for later in the day, morning is when we usually wake up unless you sleep in, good try though" I petted the spot between his ears before getting out of bed and went over to the dresser to grab some clothes. I looked back at Tamaki, and he seemed down."don't worry when I was little I used to get them mixed up too," He seemed to look less disappointed at that.