(Chaeyoung) - Strawberry

Y/n's p.o.v

The lights flickered lightly as I downed another shot of bourbon in attempt to wash away the memories. They flood in every time I perform this song, I can't say I hate it though. Oh how could I ever hate something that revolves around her? However, it did hold me hostage, a captivating mind set I can't ever escape even if I tried.

"Hey Y/n, you're on in two. Get yourself ready," My manager informed me.

"Let's just get this over with," I muttered with another hit of the fiery liquid.

I took my seat in front of the piano and adjusted the mic just as the curtains lifted signaling it's show time.

"Hey everyone thank you for coming, tonight we're gonna be opening with a slower song. One I hold dear to my heart, this is 'falling' I hope you enjoy," And with that my fingers made their way to ignite the melodic chords that made the song so beautiful yet so hard to listen to.

'I'm in my bed, and you're not here
And there's no one to blame but the drink and my wandering hands
Forget what I said, it's not what I meant.
And I can't take it back I can't unpack the baggage you left'

***

I heard a knock at my front door making me groan from the sudden noise. Whoever it was just let themselves in annoying me in the process. I was gonna shout but when I looked up from the couch I saw a speechless Chaeyoung. What was Chaeyoung doing here?

"Y/n, it's 12pm how are you already drunk?" She asked with concern laced in her voice.

I snorted, "what's it to you anyway? It's not like you actually care."

My words caused her expression to turn into a softer one, "I do care Y/n, that's why I'm here. Me and your friends have been worried about you, you've been acting reckless and haven't even come out since...ya know." She trailed off

"Yeah I know you don't have to say it, it's clear in my memory. Now Chaeyoung please stop acting like I matter to you and get out," I hiccuped.

The shorter girl refused to take no as an answer as she stepped closer, taking my hands into hers and removing the whiskey from my hollow grasp.

"You know how much I hated it when you'd drink while we were together Y/n. You're too beautiful to fall into habits like that," she whispered while looking into my eyes.

Staring at Chaeyoung made me feel sort of okay again. She was the reason for my downfall but also the reason I smile.

We stayed like that for a moment as I tried to convince her to still love me through the pain in my eyes. Suddenly though, the chiming of a phone was heard and once I looked over I saw it was indeed Chaeyoung's. The caller ID practically stopped my heart from beating as I saw the word 'baby' across the screen solidifying the rumors of Chaeyoung having a new lover.

"Get out," I said softly

"Wait Y/n let me take care of you," she pleaded.

"No! No you cannot say that to me Chaeyoung, you knew how much it hurt when you left me. But you had the nerve to come back and see if I was okay anyway, giving me false hope when you've already moved on. Don't you ever come back Chaeyoung, I never wanna see you again," I spat ripping my hands away from hers.

"Just get out," I whispered with my voice audibly cracking.

The tears were visibly pooling in her eyes as she slowly nodded her head and made her way for the door.