Chapter 1: First Glance

Mallory walking around dragging her fingers across the walls thinking, looking for something to distract her for a bit. She places her hand on a desk slowly opening the drawer seeing a bottle of tequila quickly grabbing it, wrapping her fingers around the bottle she hesitataes to open it. Once she does she takes in the smell of alcohol...a smell she hadn't had in along time. Not since the apocalypse came about, she lightly presses her lips to it taking a sip. Licking her lips, realizing she has missed the taste, her mouth watering for more she takes a big gulp. A few moments later the bottle is empty and she is stumbling around.

As she walks she comes across a tall woman, with red hair standing there. Mallory looking up realizing who it was, "What are you doing?" She says in a harsh tone that rattles Mallory's head like a metal cage.

Mallory trying to find words not wanting her to notice how drunk she is, looks at her with no answer. Suddenly all her memories come back to her, a smile creeping across her face she says, "I have something to tell you."

"And what would that be?" Venable says a bit intrigued by her response. Biting her bottom lip, she arches her eye brow waiting for another response to come.

"I have powers.." She says a bit hestitant, but no longer cares at what would happen next. Looking into her eyes she gives a small grin that is slowly tugging at her lips.

Venable looking at her a bit confused, steps closer examining her. The smell of tequila fills her nostrils once she is a few feet away. "I'm sure in another universe that may be so, but here your nothing but a grey, and that is all you'll ever be. So get back to work."

Mallory still wanting to convince her she steps closer, reaching for her hand without thinking if the consequences that could come from her actions. "I'm serious, I have magic."

Venable looking at her actions pulls away quickly. "What do you think you are doing?" She says straightening her posture quickly, shocked at the move that was made on her.

Mallory smiles, "I am a witch." She says quickly, her eyes still locked on Venables.

"Your a grey, a no body, so I suggest you get back to work." Scowling at her stepping closer trying to prove her point, knowing that its not going through her thick skull.

Smiling at her, intertwining their fingers together. Venable pulls away a bit more angry than before. "Are you trying to push me over the edge?" She says in a more harsh tone tightening her grip on the cane in her hand.

"More like, pull you close" she whispers in response. Not caring about what could, or even would happen to her.

Venable clenching her jaw realesing a little on the grip of her cane. "Get back to work and do your fucking job..."

"No..."

Venable cocks and eye brow looking at Mallory. "Excuse me?" She says irritated at her words. 

"I said no..." Immediately regretting what was said. Venable stepping closer. "I'll remind you, your a grey, nothing more. Your the lowest of them all, so do as I say and get back to work. Oh...and do me a favor, don't smile it doesn't suite you." She says in a more harsh tone trying to get under her skin.

"Well nothing suites you, especially that attitude." Mallory says taking a breath.

"Don't fuck with me, or I'll make sure you regret doing so, and you'll wish you had died in the blast." She says giving her a more harsh tone than before.

Mallory getting more frustrated with her choice of wording snaps back. "You need to get laid." She says trying to walk away.  Venable grabbing her arm. "What was that?" She asks wanting her to say it again.

"Oh... It was nothing." She says pulling her arm away, looking at Venable with soft eyes.

"You will meet me in my office in in hour, and be prompt!" She shouts as Mal walks away. Once she turns around the corner she focuses on something else to distract herself, but all she could think about was Venable. She never knew why she often crossed her mind, but always chose to ignore it...until now.