scene four

Boris' pov.

Back at Boris' house
-

I'm sitting alone on my bed, thinking about stupid things.

Do fish breathe?

That's dumb. Of course they do.

Or.. do they..?

Yeah.. unless..

-

FINALLY y/n's pov.

-

I sit on my couch in the living room in front of the Tv, wrapped up in a blanket because of how much snow was outside. It was really cold outside, which made it cold inside too.

I wish Boris was with me.. but ever since what happened yesterday, there's no point in trying to be close or romantic.

I turn on 'Rugrats' and sit back as Angelica screams at Tommy at the top of her lungs.

I smile, enjoying the show when I get a text from Boris.

Boris:
Y/n.. do fish breathe..?
7:45 p.m.

Y/n:
Are you kidding..?
7:47 p.m.

Boris:
No, dear. I honestly don't know.
7:47 p.m.

Y/n:
Yes, Boris. Fish do breathe. But if you're asking if they breathe air, no. They breathe water.
7:48 p.m.

Boris:
Really..? They wouldn't drown..?
7:48 p.m.

—Boris smiles as he thinks Y/n is smiling on the other side of the screen.

But she's not.—

Y/n:
No, Boris. Fish never drown.
7:50 p.m.

Boris:
Thank you. I never would've figured it out if it wasn't for you.
7:51 p.m.

— Boris likes to tease Y/n because it always makes her nervous. He pretends it's only for fun, but the truth is that he wants her to think that his romantic approaches are only a joke. Just so he can protect himself from rejection and having to commit to a relationship.—

Boris:
I'm coming over, bubba :)
7:56 p.m.

I didn't respond. I just put my phone down.. until I realize.

There's tons of snow outside.. how's he gonna get here..?

Well.. I guess he can't. I don't want him to come anyway, so that's good.

-
8:00 p.m.

Boris' pov.

I knock on y/n's door, shivering because I made the VERY stupid decision to not wear a coat outside, just to prove to myself and y/n how strong I could be.

But I soon learned that if I keep doing this, I might end up killing myself.

As I knock on the door, my frozen fingers curl up and feel as if they're being stabbed with a trillion tiny swords.

I wince in pain as I learned a new lesson.

Don't go outside in the snow. Especially at night. AND ESPECIALLY without a coat.

I should've known that already.

Why am I so dumb-

I was afraid I'd die out here. It's too late to go home now. I walked too far away. I just hope y/n opens the door. And fast.

Y/n opens the door.

I bolt inside like my life depended on it.

Well.. it did.

"Boris, why aren't you wearing a coat? Not a hoodie or anything? Just that red sweater you always wear."
Y/n squints at me.

I can't say anything because I convinced myself that my jaw was frozen shut.

It obviously wasn't, but it definitely felt like it.

"..Come here." She says, leading my to the living room where I see the Tv on, showing a bunch of cartoon babies.

I sit on her couch as she covers me in one big blanket.

Then she goes into the kitchen and makes two cups of hot chocolate.

She comes back in a matter of minutes and sits next to me, cuddling inside the blanket she gave to me earlier.

She hands me a cup, which immediately makes my hands warm.

I smile in satisfaction. I didn't feel like I'd die from hypothermia anymore.

And it's all because of Y/n.

"Feeling better?" She asks me.

"Y- yes, thank you, Y/n." I reply, slightly shivering.

She watches the Tv and drinks some of her hot chocolate, and I do the same.

I notice something on her mouth, so I wipe it off without permission.

She immediately has a confused look on her face.

"Y- you had something on your lips.." I explain nervously.

"Oh, thanks." She smiles slightly and watches Tv again.

I didn't want her to look at the Tv. I wanted her to look at me.

A huge wave of confidence rushes over me as I turn her head by her chin.

I made sure to be careful I didn't hurt her or make her uncomfortable.

Then.

I kiss her.