24 - Stellar

"Know that it is you – and only you. It has always been you. And it will continue to be you until the sun burns out and the stars fall from the sky and we're all nothing but dust and memories." – Ranata Suzuki

~~~

"He did what?!" Kuan exclaimed in disbelief.

Kang started to guffaw again and XiZe shook his head with a prolonged sigh. Dylan just watched his three friends start to lose it.

He had just finished telling them about what had transpired that afternoon.

It was the last day of Jin's private hearing for the defamation and libel case Dylan's agency had filed against him. It was also most likely the last day anyone would see him walk as a free man. Not only was David adamant to have him behind bars for the damages he had cost to one of his biggest talents, Mantra was also on his tail for trying to ruin Yue's career with the stunts he pulled.

He could be gone for a loooooong time.

"It must have been an unforgettable scene." Kuan said.

"I wish I had seen it myself! Did nobody record it?" Kang asked.

"Too bad phones aren't allowed in court rooms. I'm sure it was 100% more entertaining than that drunken mess Didi was when he almost squished Yue." XiZe responded.

Dylan nodded in agreement as he recalled that moment. He was holding an ice pack to his face, letting the ice cool his skin as he massaged the tender spot.

It seems like it was only yesterday that he had to convince Yue to do the drama with him. He could fainlty remember his clumsy first meeting with her and how that single moment almost ruined but actually saved him.

Look how far they have come.

The four boys were waiting at a private function room of The View 3912, a popular restaurant in Beijing that had a wonderful overlooking view of the city. They were out tonight to celebrate the success of the Meteor Garden sequel's launch which topped ratings, trending charts, views, searches and even downloads and eyeballs on streaming sites across the globe.

"But nice touch on that little walk out speech of yours, Didi. I'm proud." Kuan gave Dylan a salute.

"She was never yours, Jin. And she never will be..." XiZe gave his best over exaggerated Dylan impersonation as he puffed his chest up and started beating on it.

The boys all laughed.

"Dude, stop it!" Dylan said. "I did not say that..."

"But really, congratulations for successfully knocking him out, Didi. Good job man!" XiZe said proudly, giving his best friend a high five.

"KNOCK HIM OUT!? WANG HE DI, YOU HIT HIM!?"

The concerned voice of Yue reached their ears, making the boys jump and turn to the door.

They saw a shocked Jelly, JiaQi and Yue, followed by Dee Hsu-jie who had come from an all-girls pampering day, staring at the four of them. Whatever relaxation they have gotten from those foot spas and massages obviously gone.

"Didi, I thought you were against violence?" Yue said exasperatedly as she trudged towards him.

"You've owned your character too much, Dao Ming Si." Dee chuckled. "Though I really am not surprised. So I will have to say I'm proud of you for finally fighting for what you love, little bro." she added.

"Jie!" Yue exclaimed. "Everyone knows Jin is a complete asshole but if you stoop down to his level and choose to get physical like that..." Yue continued scolding Didi, smacking his arms, his leg, anything she could reach as Dylan tried to protect his face from getting any more beating.