01 - The Head Start For a Shut-In

"Honey, make sure you have fun with your friends there!" mother's word still rung within my head like everyday morning of schools, well except today it was the golden week.

I nodded meekly as I smiled as best as I could while waving, stood only a few aparts from the car with the front seat's window rolled down. Part of me wanted mother to quickly drove away from there and leave me alone but, I could not find the courage to asked such a reckless favor to her. I mean... She did send me to the mall where I am supposed to meet with the others and I should be expressed my gratitude to her will although I had insisted of going by taking a bus.

Mother was a worrywart to let me go alone here as I, myself was not familiar with every nook and cranny of this town. Even though I had long enough live here since I was a kid. In addition, I rarely- I mean never exited from the house except going to school or helping mother with buying some groceries. So, it was quite understandable for her to acted like that.

Finally, the window rolled up, made it difficult for me to made out the appearance of my mother behind the tinted window. The car's engine roared before the car moving away from the mall's ground; leave me behind like a lost child. It slowly lost into a dot then completely disappeared within the horizon of my eyesight. With the recent event ended, I slipped my hand into my messenger bag then took out my old phone.

I pressed the power button by the side of the phone only it to reveal the wallpaper of Neko Atsume on my home screen. No new messages from an individual or a group chat came into a sight of the hot bar after I pulled it down. I closed the phone then put it away as not wanting to be look as desperate or frighten by the thought of getting left alone at the mall with completely strangers. I pressed my lips into a thin line before deciding to stay inside the mall instead of wandering aimlessly at the outside.

Once I set my feet inside the mall, I was awe struck by how big the mall actually was from the inside. I took a glimpse for a while behind my back then headed toward a bench with a fountain behind it. A clothes shop was located behind me which I caught its name: 'Forever 21', written in a bold black word. Beside it was actually another clothes shop but instead of taking the whole one department, it only took a half. Another half was a hat shop. I continued to look around my surrounding like some kind of local inspector of food stalls. The first floor was filled with brandy stuff of clothes, hats, and cosmetics.

I emerged through my phone without a care in the world and unconsciously crossings my foot, made out an appearance of a no-use-person. I ended up wasted all of time on reading random stuff on Wattpad which I stumbled across without even realizing the time is still ticking each second. The book is, 'Cliche Plots on Wattpad' which I really submerged all of my seconds there as I want to get an inspiration to continue writing my left abandoned stories. I stole a glance toward my digital watch around my right wrist. It showed, 3.00 in the evening.

Astonishment by how fast the time was travelling that day, I decided to put my reading on hold to write a message to one of the girls.

Are you guys have arrived?

It took some time for them to reply to my message before a small ding coming from my phone.

Ai-Jun(*''*)♪

We have arrived

Where are u?? Btw

I furrowed my eyebrows together in deep thought as I was confused of how I did not see them when they stepped into this mall. I was sitting by the entrance, but why then I did not stumble with them?

(=Д=)

I have too.

Where are you?

Gal~!

Why did not you said earlier??

We have waited for you like minutes!

When we did not see you a second later, we have to start the date!

_

I will fetch you!

Where are u anyway?

My bloods ran cold when I read the message this girl just sent to me. Did they really start it without me? Then, why in the Heaven did they even invite me in the first place?

No thanks.

I am by the entrance.

Tell me your location.

I will head to you guys.

Oh no!

We are moving!

We are heading to another store and

It is called 'Popular'

It is a bookstore!