03 - Have I Had Been Called as a Buffoon?

It felt like I am the one who was always getting left behind because of how much I was flabbergasted by various of figurines from my favourite shows and manga that were sold here, almost all of the shop sold it. My eyes sparkled with interested when a rack filled with manga was put on display at the outside of the shop before I find out that I am miles away from the group. I spoke my sad departure with the dream land then rushed to catch on them.

I wanted to say this but going out with someone who did not share the same interests with you are sucks sometime. I just want to cradle those mangas in my arms and never let go! Even if it were the end of the world, go Hell this people and place! My manga and I will go on a honeymoon to the mars or even better space!

I fixed my composure when I was walking beside Mitski , my table mate which I hardly ever spoke with since the start of the high school. I think... This was my chance to talk with her or even greater... Be her friend! Oh, you could not believe that I will stuff her brain with manga! 

My dream had completely been crushed when I felt a presence was walking beside me.

I curiously glimpsed over my shoulder and found out that it was another one of my classmates, Daniel. He had this strange looks on his face with his eyes never once left Clad who is walking side by side with Nik at the front. Miles was walking alone at the very front, being the master of this whole structure of this place like he was the one who built it, handling the group paths toward the food court.

"Oi, it is not cool to stalk her, Daniel." I tried to push his crazy stare off from Nikole although part of me wanted to know where this whole things will lead to. Gonna throw away my caramel popcorn for that.

"What did you say, Fre-" Daniel cut himself mid-sentence when he found out that it was me... Dio!-

When he found out that it was only me.

"Do you not want to give a good punch to that guy's good feature? I mean, you must want too right? Ugh, that guy was so irritating" he bragged out to me, instead of his friend or the others. Am I the only one man standing here? Wait, that did not explain the situation. Here, you see the true Daniel whenever someone gets closer or touchy-touchy with Nikole. And... I still did not know how to handle it! Instead of replying, I just awkwardly nodding my heads off without giving a glimpse at him. Maybe just being there... Was enough?

I do not want to lose my head here.

"Thanks for hearing me out, Ai-Jun. I am just... Going to do a sneaky-sneaky there" he sneaked to the front of me, where the girl senior were walking together, busy scrolling  through their media socials.

Bored with nothing to do-as I do not want to lose in my phone while walking, I took a sly peek behind the senior's shoulder as to look what kind of things were served hot at their media socials. As you might want to know, I did not use anything except Youtube and books website or apps. So, I do not know what was the things that other media social users scroll until they did not hear what happen in the world. Happened to mother- always, as a close example. Celebrities, fashion, aesthetic photos, scenery, selfie... More selfie. Meh, nothing interesting. I unconsciously shrugged my shoulder before pulling back my eyes to look at my front instead of wandering somewhere else.

After a few walking then headed straights to the first floor, we finally arrived at the food court. Welp, eat after running around this big mall? Nope, I will back out even before being invite. I was cringed at my own action when I, without thinking drummed my hands against my tummy. I quickly put away before letting my eyes wander off to the food stalls. I really felt so full right now.

Seems like I am the only one who was still standing at the middle of the food court without a lead. The others had already gone to buy some foods and some of them went to find a seat. I looked around, helplessly searching for an empty seat but due to my luck, I found a single tool seat at the corner of the food court. I rushed toward there and seat on it before anyone taking it.

I never thought that it was going to be this boring... I want to read manga. I was clouded with empty thoughts while I daydream at my seat, glimpsed at the group who sat not far away from my poor eyesight. I should really wear my glasses but where did I last put it? Just trying to remember about it, gave me a headache.

Both of my eyes were closed as my elbows were propped against the table, made me like a buffoon in the formal crowd for acted like that. A shadow clasped over my figure was the thing that woke me up from my daydreams. Closing the lights? Really? I took off my hands from the table to rest it against my laps while my gaze were averted from the strangers beside me. Not wearing a glasses sure made it less awkward, nonetheless. At least, my eyesight was not open to larger horizon.

"Hi Buffoon!" a high voice chirped over me that catch me off guard.

A person that recently took a seat beside me was a boy which awfully share the same appearance as my age. There was a half-filled closed lidded cup of chocolate milkshake in front of him while he was looking over me with interests sparked all over his aura. My muscles stiffened by the sudden greeting of the stranger.

Am I going to die today?