Chapter 9: Pink icing

Previous Chapter:

"I don't care Adrien. I will see you on Tuesday next week" And with that he hung up.

"Why can't he be more like a stone." Adrien mumbled to himself as he continued on his way to class.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7th of November:

The next day, not too much happened for both Adrien and Marinette, except for Adrien having an encounter with one of his professors.

With Adrien:

"And that would be the end of this lesson. Make sure you keep revising for the state exams in two months. I'll see you all on Friday."

Adrien grabbed his laptop and notes to make his way out of the 'in need of some modernisation' Lecture hall, only to hear his name be called out by the professor.

"Adrien Agreste, could you stay behind for a few minutes?"

Adrien didn't really see this as a question, but more of a statement. However, he wouldn't deny it, even if it was a question.

"Yes of course." He trudged down to the professor, only just realizing how much he needed a coffee. "Is everything alright Sir?"

"Well... yes and no...." The professor said as he fixed the stack of papers on his desk. Those word made Adrien panic slightly but he managed to control himself. "The thing I'm happy about is your percentage in the test last week. 100% is a very difficult result to achieve, so very well done."

Adrien really liked this professor and he kind-of enjoyed his classes, but he knew a disappointed voice when he heard one, and this was definitely one.

"However Adrien, we received a call from your father's assistant. Nathalie was it?...."

'Of course you did' Adrien thought while he nodded his head.

"Well, ...she called and said that you wouldn't be in collage for four whole months....is that correct Mr. Agreste." The professor voice was turning more and more serious by the second. "Yes...sir it sadly is." Adrien looked awkwardly towards the ground.

"Adrien, I can see by the look on your face and the tone of your voice that you'd rather stay in college than actually go... Am I wrong?" The professor questioned, leaning against his desk. "No...no you're right sir. However, I don't get a choice in if I go or not..." Adrien shifted slightly, while trying not to show how uncomfortable he was.

The professor caught on however, and decided to change the subject. "Well... If you are ever feeling like you need to talk, I will gladly listen." Adrien really liked this professor. He looked to be in his mid-fifties to early sixties and he was a really good listener. Adrien felt he was almost like the granddad or dad he never had...but he didn't want to make things too strange.

The professor continued. "What I really wanted to talk about though was your state exams. Are you going to be doing them online, or do you want me to mail them to your father's assistant. Ms Nathalie said it was your decision, personally... I would recommend doing them online. It's easier for you and they will be sent in at the same time as everyone else's."

"If you don't mind sir...I think I'll do them online. It would be a lot easier, like you said."

The professor nodded. "No problem Mr Agreste. I will put your name down for the online papers." He went to shake Adrien's hand, which Adrien happily did.

"That's all I wanted to talk about. Thank for your time Adrien and keep up the good work." He said with a smile.

"Thank you, sir." Adrien said as he strolled out of the Lecture Hall.