Middle School Time

When Gakushuu starts his first year of junior high, he's already got all the information he's gonna need on the entire school; who's in what teachers class, what students are ranked as and such.

Which is why when he comes across "Karma Akabane" and "Nagisa Shiota" on the roster for D-Class, he's not surprised.

Of course those two would still be together.

Still, ignoring a small pang in his chest at the thought of the blunette still being by the mischievous redheads side is something he can control.

He's got it. It's a new school year, he's already at the top. He doesn't need any distractions.

Asano Sr, meanwhile, holds his head high, and tells Gakushuu, "Don't disappoint me, Asano." With a look in his eyes and a tight smile.

With a curt nod and a breakfast of not uttering a word to the other, they make way to school.

When Gakushuu's seated and getting out his supplies, he glances around the room, at a few of the other students who came early like him.

There's already a gaggle of girls in front of the door staring at him; pointing and causing some students to grumble at not being able to get in or some cursing out that of course their scoping out cute boys on the first day.

After school, he already has plans on how to become student council president, but he'll need a few other students from his class to join.

Ignoring the blushing faces of girls still hovering by the door, he looks to see if any students have what it takes to be members alongside him.

"Asano Gakushuu, right?" He hears a voice say near him.

Turning with a charming enough smile, he's met with Sakakibara Ren, a boy who's exceptionally good at poetry and humanities.

"Yes, that would me. Sakakibara Ren, correct?" He inquires back, yeah, maybe he'll do.

Receiving a nod, the two make small talk until their homeroom teacher walks in and starts calling out roll.

By the end of the first month of junior high, Gakushuu's already gotten confessions from girls, a spot as student council president and, not to mention, three boys with power who fall in line behind him.

Tomoya Seo, who's been to L.A. and good at English, as well as not being hesitant to show that he's inferior to all those he deems to be underneath him.

Teppei Araki, a boy who seems like he's got a knack for recording footage and taking photos, if the camera he's holding onto says otherwise.

And Natsuhiko Koyama, a boy very good in science, who was supposedly in D-Class until he realized his schedule was mixed and, after meeting Gakushuu, started getting the confidence he needed.

"Remember, Asano," his father once said, voice clear and eyes giving way to clear intentions, "some people have the full potential to shatter the souls and minds of many, but they have fear clouding their own minds. People like that just need a little push to get them on the right track."

He's got minions by his side now, each with their own strengths that unite to aid him.

When asked what to name their little group one day, Gakushuu blinks and says that they can come up with the name.

After lunch, Gakushuu passes the hall of a classroom and halts.

Akabane is inside the class with Shiota, and they're sitting close while reading what looks to be a comic about ninjas.

The redheads got a lazy grin as the blunette seems to be talking animatedly about an upcoming movie for the comic.

Feeling something ache in his chest, Gakushuu rushes to class, now being followed by the other "Five Virtuosos".

Close, his mind keeps repeating.

They were sitting so close.

They're knees and elbows were practically touching.

Why is he feeling like this? What is this? Gakushuu's just started junior high, he doesn't need a distraction.

After a brief moment, he begins to calm down; panicking will only make the situation worse, he needs to stay calm.

He can figure this out at home. Or just ignore it and use that energy to study until exams.

When school ends for the day and the meeting is over for him and the other four about upcoming festivities, Gakushuu is the last to leave.

When he's about halfway home, he hears the sounds of punching and groans of pain near an alleyway.

This type of situation seems familiar, Gakushuu thinks a little bitterly.

Unable to stop himself, he finds himself walking to the source of the noise and, when he peers to make sure he isn't seen, his eyes take in the sight laid out for him.

Akabane is standing tall above a few guys who look worse for wear. Trying to stop one guy from bleeding out on the sidewalk is Shiota.

They're talking about how the small boy can barely fight, and he says unless need be, he won't fight. 

"Unless it's life or death," he says, smile small and voice hesitant.

And for some reason, Gakushuu thinks that might come back to bite the blunette one day.