Chapter 1: Prologue Part 1

Uraraka's POV

I laughed and ran through the dimly lit forest with my friends.

"Come on Ochachan! If you don't hurry you won't get faster!" Ryechan called out to me.

"I'm coming Ryechan, Enchan!" I shouted back. My throat was dry and sweat-soaked my forehead. A purple light surrounded me and  I squealed as Enchan ran past me, her eyes full of fear.

"W-whose doing this?" I shouted, tears filled my eyes as Ryechan ran screaming past me. I reached out to him, my hand caught his and a pink glow travelled up his arm. We both squealed and we let go. Ryechan screamed and started floating away. I watched as his tears fell to the ground. The purple glow disappeared and a weird astronaut looking person ran out of the forest. My eyes filled with wonder as the rescue hero Thirteen started using his quirk to try and bring Ryechan back down, but he was out of reach.

"Can you try to release your friend?" He asked and started to go underneath Ryechan.
"I'll try, but I don't know how I just got it!" I replied. I tried thinking of Ryechan floating safely to the ground. Nothing happened.
"C'mon!" I shouted and started pressing my hands together in worry.
"What was that word Thirteen said? Relief? Relay? Release!" I shouted, Ryechans even higher ear-piercing scream signalled I had accomplished it.

Then...
         Nothing...
                       "Ryechan?"...
                                             "I'm sorry but he's..."
Tears stung my eyes and Enchan peeked around a tree.

"No! Ryechan! You have to be ok! We were meant to become heroes together! Ryechan! Please!" I fell to my knees as I stared at the corpse of my best friend.

"PLEASE!"
                   "Please!"
                                   "Please,"
                                                   "Please..."
By now there was a puddle of tears. Enchan had the same response. She turned to look at me and screamed.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU KILLED RYAN! YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN A VILLAIN!"

My heart shattered in two. Thirteen was trying to calm both of us down. He told Enchan to do something but I couldn't hear them.
I curled up on the ground, next to Ryechan.

He didn't deserve this... he was amazing! He was gonna be a great hero! But now...

Now I was lying next to the corpse of my best friend, the best friend that I killed, the best friend that I didn't deserve, the best friend a villain didn't deserve.

There were screams and sobs but they only reached deaf ears, tears were shed by everyone and now I didn't know what would happen next.

I was snapped back to reality when my teacher said something about UA.

"Uraraka wants to go to UA, doesn't she?"
"Isn't she a murderer though?"
"How can a villain go to a hero school?"

Tears stung my eyes as I ran out of the classroom, only for Enchan to be waiting in front of my locker.

"A villain like you won't be going to UA, I'll be the one who goes there, I hope you understand that! When I become the greatest hero, I'll make sure I get revenge on you for killing Ryan!" She hissed. Anger flared in me as she kicked me to the ground.