Prologue

"What is the first thing that comes into your mind when you hear the word, 'Noble'? O rather, what makes a noble a noble?"

The light of the sun shimmers down onto a bland room. Blood stains and broken objects litter the room with a wet mattress on the floor.

"Do you think of egotistical and narcissistic people with handsome and beautiful faces? Where their skin is white as snow? "

Inside the room lies a child, no older than 6 years old. He is slumped up in the corner of the room, reading a book with a small smile on his face.

"while this might be a probable answer, it's still not correct."

The child flips through each page with a satisfied look on his face, however, his body is covered in cuts and bruises with a small cut on his lower lip and a obvious bruise on his cheek and underneath his eyelid.

"is the answer 'a person who has a large amount of money, fame, and women'?"

The child closes his book with the same satisfied look on his face. He begins to stretch and exercise on the floor but not before removing the dirty rags that his parents gave him on his birthday to be used for clothes showing his bruised, thin body.

"that is another interesting concept. But still not the one I was looking for."

After the child exercised, he stood up straight and washed his sweaty body with the rain water inside his room, then went outside but not before wearing his 'clothes'.

"if you still don't know the answer then I guess I should tell you..."

He walks through the empty halls of his home, but as he like to call it, his prison.

"the answer is... Kindness. A real noble will give up his fortune, fame, and prizes for the good of his kingdom."

He suddenly stops as he sees his so-called 'father' looking at him with an angry look on his face.

"a noble is supposed to be elegant and kind. To treat people fairly and equally. But is there even such a thing in this world?"

His father speed walks torwards him and begins to beat him senseless. The child does not react due to his inhuman amount of pain resistance that he built up through the years of abuse.

After his father is finished beating the poor child, he walks away with each step resonating throughout the empty halls, leaving the broken child sobbing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Schnee Dust Company or the SDC, is the most famous provider of energy propellant in the world. It is managed by the one and only Jacques Schnee.

On the outside, he seems like a very kind man, but that is far from the dark truth.

Jacques has 3 known children. Winter, Weiss, and Whitley Schnee. All of them have a few things in common. First is their signiture white hair that is said to be the color of snow, next is their pale blue eyes, and lastly, they have the same semblance, Glyphs.

However, there is one more child that is not revealed to the public. The child  has the same white hair and pale blue eyes but does not have the hereditary semblance.

This child is treated as a failure by both Jacques and their mother Willow Schnee. The only people who treat him as a living human being are Weiss and Winter.

The child's name is Lucas Schnee, the failure.

Lucas lived a hard life. Ever since his birth, he had always been pressured by the family's standards to be one the best of the best.

But that expectation turned out to be nothing more than a broken dream when the family found out his inability to conjure glyphs, they immediately shunned him.

The only people to treat him kindly after they found out were the same two girls.

Lucas knew about his problem but that didn't faze him one bit. In order to compensate for his lack of semblance, he trained his body to be the pinnacle of human physical capablities.

At age 4, he was able to break through wooden blocks and at age 5 he was able to do the same with bricks.

But deep inside, he always had doubts. If he trained hard enough, would he be able to beat his siblings?

Day after day, night after night, Lucas trained his body to the breaking point. He would only stop after his sisters or his friend scolded him.

Now you would think that a failure like Lucas would have no friends. But that is not true, Lucas had only one friend.

She was a faunus, but that didn't stop Lucas from befriending her. Every night, after the beatings he would receive from his father, she would come inside his room and comfort him until he fell asleep on her shoulder.

He felt at bliss whenever she came to comfort him and after a short while, he soon developed feelings for her and she felt the same for him.

You think that the story would have a happy ending.

But the truth is sometimes more terrifying than the lie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Lucas Schnee

thank you for reading my story, The Lost Schnee. I hope you continue to support this story and give me some feedback as to what you'd like me to write.

- from your very lazy author: KuroYaiba