Chapter I: Showstopper

"Now please welcome, the amazing, the glorious, the magnifique, ARIEL MAGUIRE!" yells the ringmaster as he enounciates each and every word, coating it with a syrupy French accent. His nickname was well known, then used unofficially for every host of every kind on every stage. Calling him a manager wasn't... dramatic enough. Now, the title "Ringmaster" makes a man wonder if it means that he is a talented control freak wanting every movement to go as planned, or a mad scientist working with the chemistry of Drama and Theatre. I personally like the second one better.

The crowd cheers, their screams echoing and bouncing off the walls.
This was her day. This was her time to shine. And this was the day I finally got to meet the woman of every man's dreams, and the reason why every wife doubts her husband. "May everyone stand up and applaud the finest actress of all Europe, Madame Lev Maguire!". The audience, who left no seat available, stood up to cheer. Roses were thrown, popcorn was spilled, tears were dropped.

It was all the usual.

Ariel comes out of the bright red curtains, her long silver sequined dress flowing across the floor, like a mermaid tail.

The 28-year-old woman is strangely conservative. Her sleeves reach her wrist, and she wears gloves to cover her fingers. She's either insecure or hiding something- well she wouldn't have anything to hide, because if she did she wouldn't be a pianist, a woman of fame.

Miss Maguire isn't singing in the musical, or dancing behind the actors. She plays the piano. Anyone can play the piano, but not the way she does it.

Not as enchanting, alluring and showstopping as her.

I haven't even met her, yet I have a strong connection with her, it's through her art and lyrics. Ariel can't sing, but she writes the lyrics of the song according to the piano tune she plays. She may not be the center of the stage, but she centers every stage. She's a Newton with pianos, Shakespeare with her lyrics, and Artemis with her beauty.

The funny thing about beauty is that it's unjustifiable. Opinionated. Standardized. But this time, Mademoiselle Ariel Maguire really has outdone it.

Everyone calls her the "fairest of them all", when in fact nobody has ever seen her.

Despite being in the presence of The Actress, the filthy rich women had no desire to stand up and clap. They wouldn't put their hands

together for the one woman men dreamed of seeing, the one woman who played business with their husbands and drama with the actors.The Actress was believed to be a charming, cunning and clever woman who took pity from the world of theatre.

Oh, how relieved the women were when they heard later on that she was nowhere to be seen.