Chapter 1

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail. I ran my fingers through the tangles until I felt my hair hit my shoulder. I threw my ripped dark wash skinny jeans on and red converse. I was still wearing my white tank top and I realized I was running late. I threw my DX shirt over me but didn't button it up yet. I threw all my stuff in my bag and ran out of the bathroom and put my stuff under the counter. I walked around the counter to punch in. I started buttoning my shirt as I walked as swiftly as I could. Then of course Soda walked in.
"Running late again?"
He mocked. I rolled my eyes at him finishing my shirt. I hated girls DX shirts. They were way to fitted and it was only for more guy customers. I started to push through the door once I finished checking in.
"Forgot what today is?"
Soda asked. I turned to him. I gave him an annoyed what?! look.
"Today me and Steve pump and do cars you in counter duty today"
He said, I sighed and moved my way back around the counter and sat on the stool. I couldn't believe sixteen year old girl like me had to deal with crap like this. Soda and Steve were my buddies but still. I felt alone my parents are still in New York and I couldn't find a place so I ended up flirting with this Buck guy and now I have a room at his place. I'm across the hall from some Dallas guy and he is probably the baddest bad boy in town. He was always flirting with me but I always shit the door on his face. I usually day dream as I sit at the counter no one ever comes in so it's the most boring job to have around these parts. The only time I pay attention is when Soda and Steve's gang stops by to visit. Usually it's only there friend Two Bit and Pony but when Dallas and Johnny are with them I can't help but pay attention. He was so handsome his jet black hair greased back but it was so long it fell into bangs and his big brown eyes that were so hypnotizing. They were all good looking honestly especially Sodapop but Johnny shook out the most. Soon it reached the time for the gangs visit. I looked out he window as I heard there friend Two Bit he was easy to tell out.
"Holy crap that was fun now I need a drink"
Two Bit said running up to them with all the boys including Johnny behind him.
"What happened?"
Soda asked.
"We just ran from some Soc.'s totally out runner them. Now I was annoyed who the hell gives a crap about them Soc.'s. I pulled out my mascara and started to fix it. I was only paying attention to my eyes trying to make the hazel pop when for the first time ever the boys walked in to grab some Pepsi's. Once Two Bit came up to the counter he started to check me out.
"Soda you didn't tell me you had a real pretty broad working here"
He yelled out at Soda in attempt to flirt with me.
"That will be $5.00"
I said.
"John do ya have a buck in ya?"
He asked that when I realized he was standing behind him. I was holding the four Two Bit had already gave me. Johnny pulled a buck out if the back pocket of his jeans. He walked past Two Bit and came up to the couter. He handed me the dollar slightly drifting off to keep touch of my finger tips.
"Thanks"
I said. I put the money in the cash register and they walked out Johnny behind slightly glancing at me. I was blushing like crazy but then I thought he doesn't even know my name why would he care. Once they left Soda and Steve walked in. They both leaned up against the counter.
"You have the looks for Johnny don't cha?"
Steve said with a smirk.
"Steve!"
Soda snapped at him.
"What we were both thinking it"
He said in surrender. I laughed at them they were just like my cousins Wake and Trevor. Wake being Sodapop and Trevor being Steve. Those two were always like this. I missed hanging out with them. My parents said once I found a way to get the money we needed I could head back home and that is what I was working for. My parents found this way to get our family back together. We told them the family company was losing money and we needed everyone. To collect and meet us back in New York. My one aunt didn't believe them so that's why they sent me to one of the places you would never think you would send someone Tulsa Oklahoma. I didn't realize the boys were trying to talk to me. Soda shook me.
"Ashley you should totally hang with us this weekend"
Soda said once I was out if my trance. I shook my head.
"No no no no I can't"
I said.
"Why not?"
He asked.
"I have to go now"
I said grabbing my stuff. I punched out and I started for bucks.