1889: Paris, France

Unfinished song...

The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart
Beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

A girl sang softly as she looked out the window overlooking the starlit city of Paris. As she sits alone in an apartment, she waits for her captor. The girl was La Islas Filipinas, a colony of the Great Empire of Spain.

One step closer
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

She did not notice the blonde Frenchman as he slipped onto the chair of the piano that stands at the foot of the grand stairway---just a few strides away from the window. The man rested his fingers on the piano keys, then played along the melody of Filipinas.

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave---

Filipinas stopped the moment the harmony reached her ears. She quickly scanned the room then found Francis Bonnefoy, the personification of the nation of France, sitting in front of the grand piano. He continued to play the tune, waiting for Filipinas to join. The young South-eastern colony smiled, continuing her song.

I will let nothing take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years---

"Ay, look what we have here," a voice seized the harmony that echoed throughout the small apartment. The tall, tanned man that stood like a Roman God near the entrance was Espanya, the Empire of Spain.

"Ah! Espagne, care to join us?" cheered the Frenchman.

"Maybe another time," replied the Spaniard, then he glanced at the Filipina that sat by the window, "Filipinas, the galleons are here."

Then, he turned back to France, "Lo siento, Francis, but we have to---"

"Filipinas? So that is your name?"

The girl nodded with a cheerful grin, "Opo, kuya France. I'm La Islas Filipinas."

" The Pearl of the Orient Seas?" France raised a brow, then he noticed the eyes of the young nation when Spain turned on the lights of the dark living room.

" You have the most belle eyes I have ever seen," he whispered as he looked at heterochromatic eyes. Her eyes were big, but enough to fit her childish face perfectly. Her right eye was a hue of gold, like a treasure you can never hold and her other eye is a creamy brown.

Merci kuya, I hope we can meet again!" waved Filipinas.

The young nation's knowledge of his language surprised France. As Filipinas skipped to join Spain, France glanced at the Spaniard, asking a quiet question. Spain answered with a playfully guilty grin.

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more...

The alluring melody of the piano ripples its last breath as Francis followed the voice of Andrea to the end of the song. After centuries, they finally finished the song they started long ago.

Philippines let her hand- holding the microphone fell beside her. She gave France a grin before bowing to the crowd.

 "Thank you for your applause everyone. We hope you enjoy our gala tonight!" she beamed again. Another round of applause welcomed the nation, her dual-colored eyes glinting cheerfully.

As she went back to her table, Prussia waves at her. " Zhat vas awezome, singvogel, but not az awezome az me!" they both chuckled.

Around the table, there is Philippines, Prussia, Martial Law, America, Spain, and Romano. As the courses came out of the kitchen, they laughed, chatted, and joked.

" Isn't the song you sang earlier the song I interrupted two centuries ago?" asked Spain before taking a big bite of his tomato Linguine.

" Opo, actually, I also remember you saying you'll join us next time," Philippines says, sipping her red French wine.

" Wait! That song was two centuries old?" America interjected, his burger a few inches away from his mouth. " How did that happen?"

Philippines was about to answer, but Romano beat her to it.

" Remember the ' deja vu ' theory? We countries can either see or hear anything that happens in the future as if we were experiencing it."

" Oh, thanks dude!"

As the young night carried on, the countries mingled. Philippines chatted with the others, then a tall pale-skinned man walked towards her and tapped her shoulder.

" Aiya! That gown is so cute on you, aru." China complimented.

" Salamat, kuya. Kuya France gave it to me for the party," when she felt Russia's shy touch on her shoulder, she turned from China and smiled warmly at Ivan Braginsky, personification of Russia.

" You wanted to talk about the new batch?" said Ivan. Andrea nodded, turning to China to apologize for the interruption saying the they will talk later. China smiled, saying it was fine.

" Thank you for helping me, Kuya Russia," said Philippines when they found a space to talk.

" It's fine, Sunshine, you can always come to me," replies Russia, ruffling the young nation's hair.

After the Philippines cut ties with America military-wise, she needed an ally who can help her with armory. Her leader turned to Russia, China, and South Korea. In a few years, their bonds have been stronger than ever.

" Still, I won't stop thanking you like I won't stop being your friend."

Russia's hand fell from Philippine's head, his violet eyes glinting as he looked down at her, " My friend?"

Andrea beamed, her cheerfulness never leaving her face and persona, " Now and always."

...The Voice To Soothe the Savage Beast...