prolouge

It's been a week since they arrived back to Arkadia, and things had already gotten back to normal

It's been a week since they arrived back to Arkadia, and things had already gotten back to normal. The missing teenagers were finding their places once again in the society, Anastasia planted herself next to her father but within a few days she was preoccupied with her work with Abby and relocated quickly to the medical wing. Miller followed Bellamy's pursuit and became apart of the guard, while Monty put his technical expertise to use. Jasper fell into drunkenness and misguidedness, working his way up to numbness.

Anastasia hoped that when they fell into their regular pattern, her and Bellamy would be able to patch up, but he was gone in morning and unavailable, to everyone expect her father, in the nights. She didn't know what to think of his aloofness, but Anastasia grew to hate it.

She found Miller with his boyfriend Bryon in the dining hall around Lunch time, and she knew that if anyone could give her a voice of reason and insight to the allusive behavior. She sat down hearing the end of their conversation before they stopped, turning to the fed up girl.

"Hey Ana" Miller uttered.

"Miller, can we talk" she replied cutting out the welcoming formalities, Miller nodded agreeably, before he stepped up and led her to one of the free outside tables, as they sat down, with Byron still in Miller's sights, "It's Bell" she remarked with deep breath, as she looked around the land seeing the hoards of guards that patrolled the area but none of them were him, "He's been acting very distant" she explained vaguely collapsing her chin into her left hand angling her face to the side.

"Have you talked to him?" Miller questioned looking back at Byron. He clearly was enthralled in this conversation but she understood that he had other priorities now that they weren't trapped in a mountain and the only entertainment was their own personal stories.

"Um, no" Anastasia replied, she cleared her throat turning her head towards the closed gates, she wondered where Clarke was and how she was doing, but mostly she wondered what it felt like to be free with no strings attached, "I'm sorry" she shook off standing up as her abruptness forced Miller's attention as he finally noticed the full extent of her distresses.

"No" Miller objected grabbing her arm as he unwrapped himself from the chair, standing up alongside her, "Tell me" he stated nicely pulling her back down to the chair as he took his seat back.

"It's just it seems like I'm still stuck in that Mountain and even though we're on the same compound, Bellamy feels like he's miles away" she explained with a sigh as she slumped into herself.

"I think you should talk to him" Miller replied causing Anastasia to huff at his simple response, she knew that, but she didn't know how to.

"I would if I could even find him, and even when I do he's gone in the next second" she explained, falling back into her hands.

"I know where you can find him" Miller spoke up, "He's always practicing in the training room during my night shift" he uttered with a slight smile.