Interlude🌙

September 9, 1983. SummerDay, California.

Cortney & Amber POV

Driving down the dirt road from SummerDay Forest, Amber and Cortney were coming back from a fall party in SummerDay. Amber sitting in the passenger seat as Cortney drove.

It was dark as the car drove by the deep forest.

"Is this where the other district of the academy is Cortney?" Amber asks tiredly.

"Yes, but we cannot go there tonight. It has to be tomorrow night so we can't go early." Cortney answered.

"Why are we visiting again?" Amber asks.

"We are transferring there, Amber. the Dean told us this." Cortney sighed.

"Wait what?! We're leaving Knighstville?! No way in fucking hell! I thought we were just visiting" Amber fussed.

"Maybe if you weren't so damn hungover, you would remember" Cortney retorted.

"You was high so what makes you fuckin innocent? Just because you're a vampire and it doesn't effect you as bad as me?" Amber rolled her eyes.

"He didn't notice so as far he knew we were sober. It barley can effect you too so you should remember. Anyways, that is besides the point, I told you the day after it was said." Courtney pointed out.

"I thought you fucking with me" Amber drunkenly folded her arms.

"Ok we can talk about this later." Cortney said driving. "Who was that guy you was talking to at the party huh?"

Amber's eyes widened. "You saw that??"

"Hell yeah I saw that. Just because I'm not always with you doesn't mean I don't pay attention" Courtney laughed.

" I- Um he's nobody." Amber trailed off looking away blushing.

Cortney smiled the biggest smile.

"Oh you're such a liar." Cortney said. "Is he Elemental  like you?"

"Maybe" Amber answered.

"He so is! You should go out with him. He looked like he was so into you and what is his name?" Cortney encouraged.

" Stop it. His name is Patrik and we are going out, tomorrow night at the academy here, since we're going there to visit while there is a open house. He goes to another district of the academy" Amber replied blushing again.

Cortney was unable to stay still as she tries to look at Amber and drive. " Oh my god Amber I'm so happy for you."

She grabs her best friend's hand and gave a comfortable Squeeze.. Amber smiles.

"Maybe if you get lucky-" Cortney started.

"NO NO Cortney stop it" Amber interrupted.

Cortney laughs when something flew in front of Cortney's car and hitting it causing her to slam on the breaks. They both looked around into the dark and fog to see what was in front of the car. The car turned off as Cortney was trying to turn it back on. While Cortney was fussing at the car, Amber still looked around to see if anyone was around especially by the forest.

Cortney soon gave up on starting the car. She starts to get out of the car. Amber grabs her hand.

"Wait you just can't get out of the car. It could be dangerous out there." She said.

"We're dangerous" Cortney answered as she still gets out of the car. "C'mon"

Amber followed behind Cortney as she lifted the hood of the car up to see it smoking badly.