Detectives

DETECTIVES

(A How To Train Your Dragon Fanfiction)

by: Astrid Camicazi N. Hofferson

Summary: Detectives Hiccup Haddock and Astrid Hofferson expect that there will be no problems for them to solve this Holidays but something unexpected happened. What would they do? (MODERN AU, Christmas Special)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

A/N1: Hello, everyone! I'm back with a new story for you. This time, I've delved into the mystery genre with a dash of Hiccstrid romance! It's my first attempt at writing in this genre, and as English isn't my first language, I appreciate your patience and understanding. Feel free to provide constructive criticism; it's always helpful! Thank you and enjoy!

- HTTYD -

-ASTRID-

TODAY IS DECEMBER 24, a day before Christmas. The streets are filled with different colored lights and Christmas ornaments, as are the houses that surround the town. The snow is falling, and everyone is enjoying the season. Well, the coming days might be special for others, but for us detectives, it is just an ordinary day.

I am Astrid Hofferson, and I am a detective. Together with my best friend, a fellow detective, Hiccup Haddock, we solve different kinds of cases, simple or complex, no matter what the season is. We are always ready to help whoever needs us.

"Are you okay, Astrid? You looked very stressed," Hiccup asked worriedly about my condition.

"I am perfectly fine, Hiccup. Just spacing out a bit," I reassured him.

"I thought something happened." He smiled and handed me a mug of hot chocolate, which I gladly accepted.

"Thanks. But it's nothing," I said, taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

"You sure? Maybe you just need a break from all the stress we've encountered. Besides, it's Christmas time. Everyone else is with their families. So, you better go somewhere else and relax."

Yes, you heard it right. All of our friends, who are our colleagues, went to their families to celebrate the occasion except for the two of us.

"Yeah, yeah. Says Mr. Workaholic," I said sarcastically, earning a chuckle from my companion.

"I know. But my point is we need to relax. Come on! Christmas occurs only once a year, and I think we should take a break from work. A vacation, I mean, or, let's just say, a nice Christmas dinner. Besides, we are both alone. We have no families left. So, I think we can spend time together, if you want to. It's not like any cases would happen," Hiccup said.

He had a point, actually. We don't have any families left. Nothing to spend time with. So maybe we can spend time together. But wait...

"Are you asking me for a date, Haddock? I never thought you would ask me out," I said teasingly.

He blushed at my comment but stuttered in defense.

"N-no! It's just a friendly dinner, like I said, if you wanted to."

"Fine, if you insist."

And that's it. We went out that night to eat dinner at a fancy restaurant. We had some talk while waiting for our food. Talks about work and personal life. A few moments later, the food we ordered was already served. The food was very tasty and actually worth the money. We also had red wine and desserts after that. He paid for the bill completely. I insisted on sharing the payment, but he refused. All is well that ends well. I never expected this night to go well. We are currently walking back to the detective agency without cases to solve. No worries or...