Past: Auditions

Hi guys,

Thankyou for always appreciating my story and boosting me to write more. I hope I am able to stand up to your expectations. It's only been 15 or 20 days, since I have started writing and you guys have given me so much love that aisa lagta hai I have been writing since ages. So, thanks a lot. It means a lot to me.

Next Day

8 am

Preeta gets ready for college. Today is an important day, because today is the theatre auditions. Preeta used to love doing theatre even in school days, but there the competition was less. She knew in a college like St. Marks, every second person was a competition. She had made up her mind that she will give the theatre auditions for fun, because she loved doing it, if she doesn't get selected she won't take it to the heart.

Preeta (to herself while setting her hair, standing in front of the mirror): Preeta, dekh tu tension mat le. Honsla rakh. You're doing this for your love for theatre. Har experience se aapko ek seekh milti hai isse bhi milegi. Bas don't take this to your heart. You have to perform your best and baaki tera selection ho na ho is secondary.

Preeta gets ready and leave for college

Preeta gets ready and leave for college. She reaches the college and heads to the place where the theatre auditions are taking place. There's a big line of girls and boys who are ready to give their auditions.

Preeta (to herself): Itna bada line. Yeh toh jitna maine socha toh usse bhi zyada difficult hone wala hai. Koi nahi Preeta! You gotta try and give your best, baaki sab upar waale pe hai.

While she was in her thoughts, she noticed all the girls ogling and hooting at someone behind her. She turns back to see what the commotion was for, and she sees him. The guy whom she had termed as a "casanova" in her head - Karan Luthra. She didn't understand the reason behind all the cheers and hoots, that too for a guy whom she assumed to be a jerk!

 She didn't understand the reason behind all the cheers and hoots, that too for a guy whom she assumed to be a jerk!

Pissed off, she says "Tum, what the fuck are you doing here? Jo kal hua woh kaafi nahi tha kya?

Karan (looking shocked, after realizing who she was): Mein is college mein padhta hu, kahin bhi jaa sakta hu. And moreover, jo kal hua it was a mistake. I am sorry for that!