First in line

"Dad, you just can't do this to me. I'm used to being home-school and being taught here in the mansion. I can't go to a high school."

"I want you to experience a normal high school like I did, son. I want you to run for president when you come of age, and you're not going to grow up and know what's out there if you don't." My father looked up from the news paper he is currently reading.

Goddamn it.

Before I could add another argument to the topic, someone knocked on my father's door. "Mr. President, General Sepetys is here to see you."

My father cleared his throat, folded the news paper, and removed his reading glasses. "Let him in after a minute, thanks Kenny." Kenny nodded in due respect to the leader of the United States, then closed the door.

"This talk is over, John. I don't want you to be locked in the mansion night and day." He folded his arms right across his chest, and sighed. "You'll start monday."

"What?" I exclaimed. "I'm not even prepare! I have no materials yet, and I don't know how a high school works, Damn it."

"No cursing, young man." My dad warned. "Inform Ryan that you're going school shopping today, more or less. Don't ever leave without a body guard. You know how people are these days."

I opened my mouth to say another thing, but yet again--interrupted by a knocking on the door. Guess I can't have a normal conversation with my dad. "Mr. President." It's General Sepetys.

"Yes, Mack, come in." He signaled him with his hand. "John, you may now go."

I forced myself not to stomp my feet angrily upon leaving because I know it's not a good behavior to exhibit--being the President's son--I always need to be careful with my actions. It's kind of exhausting, actually, but I didn't complain. I know some people are having a hard time more than I do, and I don't want to cause my father more stress. He's doing the best he can do in this God forsaken country.

"Good morning, John."

"Good morning, Emily." I greeted Kenny's sercretary right back. "Have you seen Ryan? I need to go school shopping." I rolled my eyes upon saying that.

Emily chuckled, her wrinkles showing. "Oh yes. I heard about your father wanting you to go to a high school. Well, that's going to cause a lot of problems more than he know of."

"Exactly." I pointed out.

"Anyway, Ryan is at the kitchen. Obviously."

"Thanks, Em!" I give her a grin, then ran towards the kitchen. "Yo Jay! What's for snacks?"

"Ryan ate all the cupcakes I baked, so what's left is only the white cheese pizza." Jay removed his hat, and wiped his wet hands on his apron.

"Bastard Ryan." I muttered, I want to taste those cupcakes. "Do you know where that ass is anyway? "

"Who's an ass?"

Right on time, Ryan stepped in looking so freaking bloated. "You are. You son of a bitch." I laughed. "Any who. I need to go out."

"Bored?" He asked while stretching. "I'm never bored. I love the mansion." I replied, meanwhile him and Jay both laughed. "Yeah boy, not for long. When you're in here for let's say more than ten years--"

"Like we do." Ryan interjected. "You're more likely to want to kill yourself rather than to stay here for even a minute. It's a good thing we like your family, especially your father."

"If not we're going to resign right at this moment." Jay added.

"Okay guys, I get it. And it's not like I'm going to stay here for more than another year." I shrugged my shoulders, while they both shook their heads no. "Johnny, the people love your father. He's a good man, and you can't find another man like him in the world today. The last of the most good men and democratic leader is Kennedy. Your father resemble him, wanting peace at all time. He's going to surely win another four years."