looking back, the truth is i longed for you

trigger warning: futa!seulgi.

-----

"has anyone ever told you that you have a really incredible build? i feel so safe in your muscular arms!" joohyun shouts in order to be heard, the crackling of fire around her is nothing more but a noise disturbance to her now. never mind that her apartment is burning down to the ground, the female firefighter currently trying to carry her out of her unit to safety is so hot? she is definitely hotter than all of the flames surrounding her, eager to lick her exposed skin. joohyun seriously thinks that she would not mind it in the slightest if the firefighter wants to lick her skin.

the (hot) female firefighter does not reply to joohyun's compliments, but questions her on an unrelated matter instead. oh, how is her voice so gentle? joohyun's heart tingles in appreciation. "is there anyone else in the apartment?"

"i'm single, if that's what you're asking." joohyun answers cheekily.

if joohyun is not mistaken, the firefighter sighs exasperatedly? how cute. "alright, i'm taking you out from here."

"why don't you take me out on a date too while you're at it?"

"sooyoung, there's no one else here, let's go!" the firefighter barks, ignoring joohyun and calling out her colleague, whom joohyun is quite sure is busy rummaging through her room. sure enough, the other female firefighter's head peeks out of the door to joohyun's room, and 'sooyoung' bounds over to follow them to the exit.

they rush down the fire exit, five floors to the ground and joohyun relishes in the strange feeling of being held so closely and protectively by the (extremely hot) firefighter, carried down the stairs in a bridal style.

joohyun whines when she is transferred to a paramedic when they reach ground safely. she watches with keen eyes as the firefighter who saves her rushes to the firetruck to give out orders. could she be the leader of the crew?

the paramedic, young and sweet, is fussing all over her, checking her vitals, her throat and also her breathing. done with joohyun's basic physical condition checkup, she proceeds to wipe the dirt and sweat off of her face rather gently. joohyun smiles as the paramedic drapes a blanket over her shoulder after she is done, satisfied. "i'm fine, right?"

"yes," the paramedic says, her eyecatching two tone brown and blonde hair swaying along her gentle movements as she closes her kit. "you did a great job not inhaling the smoke. got a good fire emergency education on your shoulders?"

"drop, roll, and stay low." joohyun grins.

"that's good. not a lot of people follow them, actually."

"not surprising. are you taking me to the hospital?"

"you're not in a bad condition, but it wouldn't hurt to be sure. i'll report to the captain first and follow her orders."

joohyun gives a small nod, eyes following the paramedic as she rushes to the firefighter who saves her. so she is the leader. and, oh. oh.

the firefighter takes off her helmet when the paramedic nears her, and joohyun could feel her heart and lungs crashing down to her diaphragm, leaving her breathless and skipping a few heartbeats altogether as she sets her gaze on the firefighter, her beautifully tanned skin sweaty and flushed, her soft looking dark brown tresses in disarray, and her sharp, feline like monolid eyes are almost burning joohyun to crisp when she glances at her as the paramedic reports her condition.

the paramedic is then quickly dismissed, and joohyun frowns when she sees the firefighter turning away and rushing towards the back of the firetruck, where joohyun loses her sight on her. she studies the letter dongdaemun and the number 20 printed on the firetruck, showcasing that they are from the dongdaemun district's fire station.