searching for a way to get to you (omegaverse au)

Trigger warning : futa! Seulgi

in retrospect, leading a large company has given joohyun the chance to meet all kinds of people, from the domineering alphas who love nothing more than to pump out their pheromones to occupy the whole conference room in a show of dominance, omegas who are the actual projection of every cliched descriptions and characteristics of a docile omega, to betas whom possess a strange mix of alpha and omega qualities (though joohyun is sure that is just how they are, the betas are an enigma to her).

but she has never seen the likes of kang seulgi.

the lean woman, a young up-and-coming chief executive officer of a startup food delivery company is quite certainly the meekest alpha joohyun ever has the pleasure to be acquainted with.

joohyun, being an omega, is rather conscious to the scents of the alphas, though she is impervious to them after years of intense training from her similarly business minded beta parents. in order to not be swayed by the harshness of the business world dominated by charming alphas, joohyun made sure she is the exact opposite of a typical omega, and her strict upbringing forms the person she wants to be.

so when she attends an awards ceremony to celebrate the young and successful entrepreneurs of south korea, she is not entirely surprised to be surrounded by alphas and betas, with only a few omegas present beside herself. the omegas (all familiar faces to joohyun) crowd to her at the afterparty, exchanging pleasantries and seeking a safe place among all the domineering alphas.

joohyun guesses it would take less than two drinks for their little safe haven to be broken.

unfortunately, she is right.

a male alpha saunters over to the small omega ring with a smirk joohyun learns to hate in less than a second, and she steels herself, ready to fight for their space. he starts with the accusation that omegas do not belong in such a grand celebration, shoving a male omega to the floor and telling him to shine his shoes with his boastful tone.

it has only been slightly over a decade since the ban for omegas employed in a place of power are lifted, and truthfully it is not exactly enough time to change a major perception that omegas belong only in a submissive role, so joohyun should understand. what she does not understand is why this alpha thinks he is above all when he is merely an (undeserving) inheritor of his parents' wealth, and not someone who works their way from the ground up.

all of the omega chief executives around her start from zero or less than that.

joohyun finishes her second drink with a bit of exasperation when it is evident that no one will come to their aid and pry the irritating alpha away. however, when the alpha has had enough of the male omega who is not interested in making a rebuttal to all of his stinging words, he sees it fit to change his target to joohyun instead.

there is a shove, and joohyun just lets him do whatever he wants, not in the mood for a fight as she fully expects to find herself staring up to his hideous grin from the floor, just like the male omega he pushed just now.

but she is met with strong hands on her back, steadying her.

joohyun knows an alpha when she hears one, the light growl coming from the person behind her, however, is strangely comforting to joohyun.

the air stinks with the scent of just one alpha, and joohyun is sure it is not coming from the female alpha behind her.

"walk away, jimin," her voice, clear but not proud is spoken so close to joohyun's ears, and it is then she realizes that they are much too close to each other. "why are you so interested with these omegas? they are not worthy of your time."