⇢ 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
#7
richie
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

warnings/content : slight injuries but nothing serious, one mention of blood if you look hard enough, richie and y/n are 9 in this

apologies for this being so
long it's good i promise

THE AFTERNOON was warm. a comfortable warm, with a breeze so soft you could barely feel it. the sun was low in the sky, making the underside of the clouds a vivid orange and casting a street lamp-like glow all over the small town of derry. shadows stood tall on the ground as the people of derry walked and cycled happily through the streets.

giggles erupted from the park that stood in the town centre. the park itself was almost empty, as everyone had retired to their homes for the evening when the sun began to do the same. two small children ran manically like they hadn't been all day and completely ignored their mothers telling them to "slow down". the sound of small shoes running through the grass ended abruptly followed a set of loud thuds, one after the other.

"ah!...fuck." y/n gasped while lying on her best friends back after he took the fall of both of them. "richie, don't say that! it's a bad word, you know that!"

y/n only reacted that way as her parents taught her to. her parents were brilliant at their jobs and had managed to raise their little girl to have manners and a kind heart. when her father came to pick her up from school a few years ago and was told she had made friends with richie tozier, he was sure all their work would go out the window.

"how was your day at school then?" her father asked, trying to keep up with his daughters endless skipping. she stopped and turned to walk back over to his side, slightly out of breath.

"it was good, i made a new friend, too!"

"oh, really? who was it?"

"it's richie! i know you're friends with his mum and dad"

her father stuttered slightly, "o-oh richie? really? only just last week you were complaining about how messy and loud he is." y/n had a feeling she'd get that sort of reaction from him. "yeah, i know, he is! you know what he did today?" she didn't give him time to answer, "at break time he was running around and he fell over, but when he fell over, he pulled this boy called bill down aswell and they both hurt their knees! how mean is that?" her father chuckled, "well, y/n/n, that's boys for you." she looked up at him, almost hopefully, "yeah, but dad he's really nice, and his friends are, too, like stan and eddie. they aren't like richie but he's really nice, trust me."

"you can be friends with whoever you want, as long as you're happy."

from then on, richie and y/n were best friends, as well as the other soon to be called losers. he spent a lot of time at y/n's house and in her room, looking at almost every item in there. he loved it there and, in a way, he loved her.

it's not like he didn't like it at home, of course he did, his parents were fine. in fact, many people mistook richie's parent for the type that cared more about their own lives. that wasn't the case at all, though. they loved him dearly, obviously, he's their son for gods sake! it's just that wentworth was always rushing off in his white gown to pick at people's cavities and rotten gnashers and maggie, well, it's not that she was disappointed that she got a boy, but she longed for a girl. but either way they loved him no less.