- Volleyball...? -

The weekend passed quickly, mainly due to Shinigami's busy schedule which kept him moving on his feet. First, he had to take an entrance exam for Karasuno on Saturday which was supposed to take 2 hours but he only needed half an hour to complete the test. The principal had stated that if he was accepted he would receive an email on Sunday with further instructions. 

After the exam Shinigami headed into town to first open a bank account before going around to try and get a part-time job someone nearby. Luckily, there was an opening for a late-night shift at a local convenience store not too far away from Karasuno high school. The owner was a man in his late twenties with bleached hair tied back with a headband. 

Shinigami was instantly hired since apparently the store was short-staffed, and because he looked 'touch and unbreakable' in the owner's words. The man, who he learned to be Keishin Ukai was actually pretty chill and fun to chat with. Maybe it was because there wasn't that large of an age gap between the two or maybe it was because of Shinigami's matured personality. 

"Thank you sir, I look forward to working with you." Bowing before he left, Shinigami held the bag of snacks he bought as a treat for all the hard work he had done that weekend. On his way out, the boy was unaware of the watchful gaze on him. 

Ukai let out a sigh before grabbing another cigarette, lighting it with his old broken lighter. Something about the boy who he had just hired screamed lonely to the man which struck a string in his heart. It was obvious to him that the kid had either no parents or ones who didn't do their jobs as parents. 

'Such a young brat shouldn't have to take care of everything...' Ukai took a long drag of his smoke, puffing out the grey cloud with a satisfied sigh. 'He's still so young...' 

- - - 

Monday rolled around, forcing Shinigami to wake up at 6 am to take a shower and get ready for the day. On Sunday he received the email from the school congratulating him that he was accepted. The instructions were for him to come and receive his ID card, uniforms, and schedule, so for today, he could wear whatever he wanted. 

With that information, Shinigami knew that he wanted to make one hell of a first impression. 

Pulling on a pair of slightly ripped blue skinny jeans with a new white belt he had found in a thrift store, Shinigami than tossed on a classic band t-shirt (which he had also found while thrifting) and then his fuzz lined jean jacket. He had his old, but still useable leather satchel bag with him so that he could put all the textbooks in there instead of carrying it all in his arms once the day was done. 

Once he ate and had everything ready to go, the male quickly scurried back to the washroom to look over himself one last time. After his shower, he had done his entire skin routine and then even applied a small touch of concealer to cover up the bags under his eyes and make himself look even more handsome than usual. His hair was even done, making it seem more soft and fluffy than it's natural state. 

"You can do this." After reassuring himself he sprayed a little cologne on his neck, using his wrists to dab the fancy smelling liquid into his skin. Nodding at himself one last time Shinigami left the washroom, switching the light off behind him.