twenty five

real life.

"hey... wow, i didnt think you were actually gonna show up," mattia says as i walk over and take a seat across from him.

"i'm still mad, but you did fly across the country for this, so..." i say, placing my hands in my lap and looking up at the boy.

"yeah so um... how've you been?" he asks, more like stalls, leaning back in his chair as well.

"i've been better," i tell him honestly, not holding anything back. "and you?" i ask, looking over at the menu they had on the wall.

"you hungry? i can go get you something," mattia says, scooting his chair back, about to stand up.

"mattia, i'll pay for myself, be back in a sec," i say, standing up and walking away before he could protest.

i sigh, standing in line and pulling out my phone, noticing that i had gotten a message from mattia.

MATTIA POLIBIO
i wanted to pay. its the
least i could've done

i chuckle, rolling my eyes and shutting my phone off. "next," the guy behind the register calls me over.

"ah, ms. jasmine, the usual i'm guessing?" the boy, who i've come to learn as corey says, making a smile grow on my face.

"hey corey, yes please," i smile, pulling my wallet out and grabbing some cash. "don't worry about it," he says, pushing my hand away.

"i've got you," he says before turning around and walking to the back to make my drink. i roll my eyes, turning around and looking at mattia.

he's on his phone, but he soon looks up at me, making me quickly turn around and face the opposite way.

"for the pretty girl," corey says, handing me my drink. "thank you corey," i laugh, grabbing a straw and taking the drink.

"see you tomorrow, yeah?" he asks before i walk off. "yeah i think so, see ya," i smile, walking back over to the table.

"new boyfriend?" mattia asks, a hint of, what i've come to learn as, jealousy in his voice. "oh corey? no, he just makes me my drinks," i say.

"anyways, let's talk," i say, cutting to the chase. "uh, okay," mattia says, gulping and leaning forward.

"first of all, jas, i want you to know how sorry i really am," he says, placing his hand ontop of mine.

i look down, pulling my hand away slowly and placing it in my lap, making him lean more backward.

"and i know sorry won't make up for what i did, but i do know that it's a start," he says, looking up at me.

"i love you jas, i really fucking love you, the shit with her, was a mistake, that's all it was, it meant nothing.

she means nothing to me, not anymore. all that matters to me is you, and i'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this right," he says softly.