twenty

Evgenia's sheltered under the table seconds before the grenade smashes through the window. Steve's shield arm flies out to meet the weapon mid-air, smacking it against the wall. 

She watches in a tense daze as the second one enters the room, rolling to a stop before Bucky's feet.

There's no hesitation as the former Soldat kicks it towards Uncle Steve who smothers it under his shield.

She flips her knife again.

'Schieß die Tür auf!' Shoot the door!

Pizdets!

She rolls out from under the table. Her metal leg smashes into the bottom of it and the furniture lands upright. It serves as a shield for mere seconds as another grenade smashes into the wood of the table. 

Zhenya can hear the bubblegum ramming of the door.

Her eyes meet her father's for a split second before her bionic leg lashes out again and pushes the table towards him who in turn slams it against one of the many doors in the apartment. 

There's another shower of glass. 

Two of the men swing into the apartment. Evgenia reaches for the closest item on the kitchen counter - a plastic cup, and with deadly aim, the bottom of it hits the first man in the middle of his forehead and sends him falling out the window. The second man, the one closest to Bucky is met with a punch in the face that knocks him unconscious and a ragdoll like toss across the apartment.

She has mere seconds to prepare for the next attack when the other unbarricaded door is thrown open and another soldier flies into the room, a machine gun in hand. Bucky loops an arm around the man's waist and tilts him upwards as the intruder begins shooting - showering the ceiling in a series of bullet holes. 

Zhenya's heart is pounding.

Now, she tells herself, do it now, take them all out. Just like we've practiced.

She backs into the wall as yet another black cladded soldier breaches the apartment. Bucky kicks the man back through the door before he even has a chance to fire his weapon.

'Buck, stop!' The captain latches onto her father's arm. 'You're gonna kill someone.'

He pushes a wide eyed Steve into the floor and slams a hole into the wooden floorboards, centimetres away from the blonde's head and retrieves a black backpack.

'I'm not gonna kill anyone.'

The backpack is thrown out of the room and crashes into the balcony, falling down into the unseen.

Two more intruders slide in through the broken window. Evgenia doesn't even have the time to draw the strength from them before her papa pulls her behind him and Steve covers them with the shield before they are met with a series of bullets.

Bucky throws the blonde into one of the shooters and Zhenya takes advantage of the distraction to leap onto the closest man's shoulder, strangling him with her legs while feeling for the other soldier's dying energy.

In seconds the two of them are on the floor, one choked unconscious and the other's strength completely removed.

'Ty stal luchshe.' You've gotten better.

Zhenya shakes her head and wraps a hair tie around her braids. 'Ya ne mogu ispolzovat etot tryuk mnogo.' I can't use this trick a lot.

He looks as if he has something else to say to her, but an incoming cluster of bullets interrupts his line of thought and he raises his metal hand to block them.