Social Casualty- 5 Seconds Of Summer

************************* 13 Years Later************************

Ashley's POV

I watched as uncle Mikey tried to wiggle the doorknob back into place. This is the third time this month it has fallen off. His technique for fixing it was poor. His tongue stuck slightly out of his mouth in concentration. I sighed and handed him the screw driver. He looked at it like it was some kind of god sent down from the heavens.

"Ashley, your so smart!" Michael exclaims.

"Well uncle Mike, if there are screws hanging from the knob then you will need a screw driver to fix it. It's simple logic." I explain. His mouth hung open slightly for awhile.

"Sorry, I didn't catch any of that. Can you repeat whatever you just said?" I sighed and walked up to my room. Sometimes I feel like my whole family didn't graduate or something. They're not the brightest. A knock came from my door a few minutes later. My twin brother, Asher, poked his head in.

"Hey sis! My friends are coming over in a few, so could you just like stay up here?" He asks.

"Screw off." I mumble.

"Please!" Asher begs.

"Fine." He ran over and gave me a big hug.

"That's my good sister I love so much! Also, can you tell Alice and Mikaela the same thing?" He questioned.

"What about Laci?" He bites his lip awkwardly. Of course, he wants Laci down there because she's "cool".

"Never mind. Just go." I say. He kisses my forehead then rushes back downstairs.

Alice's POV

I wish I was, I wish I was. Beside you. My father's old music blasts through the headphones. They're actually really good. Definitely one of my favorite bands. Ashley opens my door and sits down next to me. I take off the headphones giving her a questioning look.

"Asher's friends are over again. He wants me, you, and Mikaela to stay up here." She explains. I nod slightly. It's not unusual for Asher to invite his stupid friends over and make us stay upstairs.

"Do you wanna play a song?" I ask. Ashley and I used to play duets on the piano as kids, but we usually don't anymore. She nods eagerly and we sit on the piano bench side by side. We both don't really like our generations music. It sounds like robots, so we prefer to play old music.

"Amnesia?" She questions. I nod and start to play the intro.

"I drove by all the places you used to hang out getting wasted. I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted." I sing.

"And even though your friends tell me your doin fine, are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you? When he says those words that hurt you do you read the ones I wrote you?" Ashley looks sad as she sings the lyrics.

"Sometimes I start to wonder was it just a lie? If what we had was real, how could you be fine? Cause I'm not fine at all. I remember the day you told me you were leaving. I remember the makeup running down your face. And the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them. Like every single wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you, and the memories I never can escape. Cause I'm not fine at all."

"That was beautiful." Someone says from the door way. Mikaela, my father, my mother, Michael, Ashton, Luke, Julie, Alex, and Valerie are standing in the doorway. When did they get there?

"Uh..thanks." Ashley mumbles. She's never been very open about loving to sing. It's kind of our little secret.

"C'mon, we're going to the park!" Alex exclaims. We all walk down stairs to see Laci, Asher, and there friends passing Idiot around like he's a football! I rush over and grab him from them. The poor little guy looks scared out of his mind. You would think that 16 year olds would know not to toss a live cat around like that! Especially a 16 year old cat! I hope Idiot never dies.....

"Son, try not to burn the house down." Ashton says to Asher. Asher and Laci do a little salute thing as we walk out the door.

-About 15 Minutes Later-

Ashley's POV

I sit under the big willow tree by myself. It's dark out now and everything is quite except for the rest of mi familia playing on the swing sets. Suddenly, I see a streak of light shoot across the sky. Was that a shooting star?! I don't know if it actually was, but I decide to make a wish anyways.

"I wish that I could go back to 2014. Where everything cooler, with much better music."