Phone Calls

Laci's POV

I did 25 push ups on the carpet floor. Everyone was sleeping still in our dad's dressing room. Just because I'm stuck in an alternative universe doesn't mean I can slack off on training. I have a football career back home (not the american football), and if my team doesn't make it to playoffs I'll be horribly upset. Asher thinks he's sooo much better than me at football just because I'm a girl and he's a guy. Fuck that sexist shit. But he knows that any of the girls on my team could take him down.

When I'm done with pushups I grab a metal bar near the ceiling and start doing pull ups. All this work and you'd think I'd have a six pack. But no. Suddenly someone grabs one of my legs and I almost fall to the floor. I look down to see Asher smirking at me.

"What do you want Ash?" I ask.

"Workouts? This early in the morning? You've really stooped down to a new level Lace." He says. I stick my tongue out as he swipes his hair out of his face. I'd never tell anyone this, but I have a small crush on Asher. I have ever since 6th grade. He's annoying and stubborn sometimes but I think that just makes him even cuter.

"I'm not going to let my team down just because we're stuck in this time. I will make it back home before playoffs." From the corner of my eye I see Julie lift her head up and look straight at us. She waves and I wave back totally forgetting I was hanging from a metal pole. Asher catches me bridal style, saving me from landing on the hard ground. We just stay like that for awhile staring at each other.

"Oh, uh, thanks Ash."

"No problem." He sets me on my feet and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. I rock back and forth on my feet. Is it just me or is he leaning in? I wouldn't really mind if he was....

"It's time to get up in the morning. In the morning! Morning!" Someone sings from the door. I snap my head towards the voice. I think it's that band, One Direction? I don't listen to mom's old music so I really don't know. Julie looks like she's about to burst into sparkles.

"We've got McDonald's breakfast for you! No, we actually don't." I think Asher and I were having a moment right there. They just had to ruin it! They continue singing and grab Julie pulling her over to a wall. Then each of the boys dumps a bucket of water on everyone who is still sleeping. Alice, Ashley, and Mikaela jump up soaked from head to toe. Asher motions for them to come over.

"I came up with an idea last night for getting home." he explains. "Let's try to call them."

Mikaela, Alice, and Ashley pull out there water logged phones and sigh. Luckily min and Asher's are still fine. I dial dad's number and wait for it to ring. From across the room someone's phone starts to ring. Luke looks at his curiously then puts it to his ear.

"Hello?" His voice rings through my phone. I hang up quickly. I can't believe he still has the same phone after all these years. Darn it dad!