chapter 1

Andy sat on a bus beside Brooklyn. They were surrounded by other teenagers. It was the bus to the school's camping trip. The bus was loud and messy and smelled bad. Teachers yelled at the boys who were everywhere they shouldn't be. Girls chatting about who they wanted to 'have some fun with' on the trip.

"I really hope we end up in the same tent" Brooklyn said to Andy. Andy had only agreed to come beacuse the others were going.
Their other friends, Jack and Sonny were sitting behind them.

"What about me Brooky?" Jack asked with a pout.

"I mean, I hope I end up with at least one of you" Brook said rolling his eyes. But he stopped when Jack stuck his hand between their seats to tickle Brook. Brook giggled and screamed at Jack. Andy sighed and turned his head away, he was quite tired of Jack and Brook flirting without realising. Instead, he put in his airpods.

Rye, in the other end of the bus, had loud music in his own headphones. He didn't even want to come along on in the first place, but his friend Harvey had forced him. Harvey had promised that all of the hot girls were coming and that they would have fun. But Rye wasn't a fan of camping. Or girls, for that matter. He closed his eyes and tried to shut out Harvey and the other boys' loud talking.

Two boys, in the same bus, both not wanting to be there.

***

"Now when we're here, we'll divide you into groupes" Mr Hank said. All of the students were standing outside of the diner house. The place they had ended up on was beautiful. Not because any of the teenagers even noticed. The trees were green, the small houses were painted red and there was a lake not far away.

Andy had slept the last hour of the bus ride and was too tired to listen. The teachers had rambled about rules for the five days they were suppossed to stay. Even though the teachers knew the rules had gone in through one ear and out of the other. There were a lot of students on the trip and Andy lost count of all the names Mr Hank yelled out. He hadn't heard his own name yet though.

"Brooklyn Wyatt, Jack Duff and Sonny Robertson" he shouted out and Andy's heart dropped. He closed his eyes and wanted to go back home even more than before.

Rye felt the same things when Harvey's name was yelled out togheter with some other boys.

"And then we have Ryan Beamount and Andrew Fowler" mr Hank shouted. The boys reacted differently. Andy frowned and couldn't really remember who Ryan was. Rye sure knew who Andy was. He didn't know him but what he did know though, was that Andy was hella cute.

Rye decided to go look for Andy. He found a short, blonde boy who looked dissapointed as fuck. But when he looked up at Rye, his eyes showed a glance of something else. Or maybe it was just Rye's imagination.

"I'm Ryan, but you can call me Rye" Rye introduced himself. Andy stared at him for a moment. Took in his appearance.

"I'm Andy" he then said. "I guess we should find our tent"

With that, the boys began walking in the direction they had gotten. Andy had quite a lot of packing, he liked to be prepared for everything. And he hadn't gone camping since he was like 7, so he didn't know what he'd need.

They walked beside each other without saying much. They hadn't talked before and didn't know much about each other. Rye couldn't help but wonder if Andy was gay. Andy wondered the same thing about Rye. But the question never came out of their mouthes.

"I guess this is the right tent" Rye said when they were outside tent number 12. They got in the tent and realized it wasn't exactly big. That explained why they were only two.