6. Chey

Four days had passed and here I was, with a hands on my forehead, watching the morons argue about who had contributed more in making the presentation a complete disaster.

The client was waiting outside, Mr. Viaan was attending marriage of some cousin of his wife, none of the other C-Levels available to contain the impending doom created by these imbeciles.

"No, this cannot do," I mumbled to myself.

Hitting both my hands on the desk, I stood up yelling, "enough!"

It seized all the commotion in the room as everyone looked at me, waiting for my next words.

"I don't know who fucked this up but now is not the time to argue like fourth graders and blame each other. If you cannot take up responsibility for your mistake, you don't qualify to be here. Now everyone shut your mouths and only talk if you have a solution to the problem," I spoke sternly.

When one of the person who worked on the presentation opened his mouth with a defensive look in his eyes, I added, "no more nagging over here."

And immediately, he closed his mouth and put his hand down.

"Uh... Ma'am," a timid voice came from a corner grabbing my attention.

The guy was lean, no confidence in his posture and anxiety evident in his body language, "H-How about w-we quickly edit the presentation to remove excess data and just keep the main points? That way, t-the mistakes can be removed and the presenter can add the missing stuff that isn't wrong?"

He had a point. Not all the slides were messed up and there were two presentations which covered the different contexts. All we had to do now was merge the two presentations, eliminate the wrong slides and purge the extra information. It would take what, about half an hour to do so?

With a quick calculation in my head, it wasn't impossible to accomplish the feat, if these morons didn't mess this task up as well, that is.

"Fix this up in half an hour. I will take care of the client till then," I ordered heading towards the door when the chorus of desperate voices nagging "ma'am!" reached me.

"what? You mean you can complete it in fifteen minutes?" I taunted with a raised eyebrow and almost immediately they shut their mouths and resumed to work.

Inhaling deeply, I opened the door, simultaneously working a strategy in my head.

The guy sitting on the sofa had his head down, engrossed in the newspaper while his guards remained standing. The dark aviators covered his eyes. The voluminous hair and that lean build added to his attractiveness, nonetheless, my brain ticked telling that I had seen him before. A Déjà vu kind of feeling.

Plastering a professional smile on my face, I headed his way.

"Hello!" I announced my presence to the client representative making him to look up from the newspaper. The only thought that came to my mind was, I've definitely seen him somewhere before this.

"I am Natasha Shenoy, secratary of Mister Viaan Raivardhan," I introduced myself to the handsome representative.

He removed his aviators, letting me see his unnaturally bigger than normal brown irises, coloured lenses, as he forwarded his hand for a shake, "Nice to meet you Ms. Shenoy. I am Shaurya Vardhan, MD of Cupola Beight."

Cupola Beight, he said? One of the upcoming real estate tycoon which also happens to be an architectural firm as well as builders. They had earned their fame with some breath-taking projects they have produced.

"I apologize for the absence of Mr. Raivardhan. Due to a prior appointment, he couldn't make it to the meeting, so I'll be handling it. Also apologizes for such a long wait. Something has technically gone wrong with the servers. We've called for the help, should be back up within half an hour."