Prologue: Contact

PROTOCOL 3: PROTECT THE PILOT.

In the far depths of space, lies a lonely Titan, broken and deactivated.

This was BT-7274. After disrupting the Ark with his reactor core, the explosion was massive enough to crack open the planet it was on. The blast caused BT to get launched into space, while severely damaging him. Leaving him with his torso and right arm. BT was now lost in space.

It had been months of drifting away in the dark depths of space. Stray asteroids occasionally crashed into the Titan but didn't do much damage to him. It was hopeless, neither the IMC nor Militia was finding him.

BT will be never be piloted again...

That is until he was pulled into a planet's gravitational pull, a planet with a broken moon.

Rose/Xiao Long Household

One snowy night, Ruby Rose, the 8-year-old daughter of Summer Rose and Taiyang Xiao Long, was sleeping peacefully in her bed, she was dreaming about becoming the greatest huntress in all of Remnant, before being woken up by an earthquake nearby.

Ruby: "What was that?"

She rubs her eyes and looks out the window, seeing a pillar of smoke coming out of the forest. She realizes that the smoke is coming from the area where her mother's grave is.

Ruby: "Mom!"

Yang, Ruby's older sister, woke up upon hearing her younger sister's yell. She was tired and a bit annoyed by Ruby's interruption of her sleep.

Yang: "Ruby, go to bed! You can visit mom in the morning."

Ruby: "I need to do something."

She then gets up, grabs her coat, and heads out of the bedroom, leaving Yang alone, who is a bit miffed at the fact that was woken up by her sister in the middle of the night.

Yang: 'Must be heading to the bathroom... Hopefully, she doesn't fall in the toilet or something...'

Ruby quickly walks towards the front door, she notices her father sleeping on the couch with the TV on, she goes over and turns it off.

Ruby: "Night Dad."

She then walks to the doorway, puts her boots on, and exits the house.

Grave of Summer Rose

Ruby found her way to the grave and did not expect to see a giant smoking crater a few meters away from it. She then heard something creaking from the crater and saw a blue light coming out of it.

Ruby: "Hello?"

???: "C-C-Commencing Self R-Repair. A-A-Activating Backup R-Reserves."

The smoke soon went away, revealing a robot without its legs and left arm.