Chapter 2 - Unwanted Visitors

"Good morning!" Felli greeted excitedly.

She glanced at their living room only to get shocked with what she saw. It was 6am and they already had the visitors her mom was talking about.

"Kuya, why are they so early?" asked Felli, still glancing at the living room.

"I don't know. They might be here for you," he replied.

Felli was confused. There was a guy, taller than her, looks older than her, and looks as if he was already a professional.

She didn't mind the visitors. She went ahead and did her morning routine. She helped her dad and siblings do their tasks. It wasn't school day that's why they had all their time to help each other.

"Felli, come here!" her mom called her attention.

"Yes, Ma?" Felli asked as she walked towards her mom.

"Let me introduce you to our visitors. This is Rodolfo and Auntie Marissa. They came all the way from Naga to see you. Rodolfo is a local Attorney," Felli's Mama stated.

"Hi, I'm Felli," she introduced. Felli didn't know what was happening.

There it was. Felli was being forced to date Rodolfo. He had everything anyone could ever ask for. He had a stable job, he was making enough money, and hasn't been married. But those didn't impress Felli. She wanted to have a connection with the man first before she start having a romantic relationship with him. How ironic is it that Felli's family don't allow her to meet men but they force her to date someone she's not interested in?

Felli was sitting next to Rodolfo. His hand was resting on her back uncomfortably making her want to escape the place as soon as possible.

Felli excused herself and quickly went outside to breathe some fresh air to get away from the pressure and stress that was filling up their entire house.

While she was walking, Arthur poked her head. It became their thing instantly. Everytime they met, they'd poke each other's head.

"Where are you going?" Arthur asked.

"I don't know. I just wanted to get away from home," replied Felli. "We have irksome visitors," she added rolling her eyes.

"How are they irksome?" Arthur asked. He thought maybe it was because of her siblings.

"They're too much. All my life they've been telling me that I'm not allowed to have male friends. Look at them now, we have a visitor, a male visitor to be exact, who would touch me inappropriately," she exclaimed.

"Touch you inappropriately? Why don't you tell them?" Arthur was worried.

"No, not in the way you're thinking. He just had his hand on my back and it was disturbing. He's ten years older than me. Why would he want a young lady?" Felli was starting to spill her thoughts. She was really annoyed with what Rodolfo did.

"Would you want to try my most favourite Bicolano food instead? You know, to forget what had happened," Arthur invited.

"I'd love to!" Felli replied.

The two went to this one store that was selling Bicolano goods. They enjoyed each other's company even more.

Felli was just smiling until she got home. It was lunch time when she arrived.

"Where did you go?" her mom shouted. She was really mad at Felli for going out while they had their visitors.

"I just wanted to have fun," Felli answered coldly.

"Fun? They went all the way from Naga to see you. What do you think are you doing?"

"I went outside because I felt uncomfortable. He had his hand on my back! It was disturbing," Felli explained.