A New Musical

(The next morning)

Ben was standing outside leaning against his car. Then Mal walked out and looked over at him. She tried walking to her car quickly before Ben saw her. But he ran up to her before she could get there.

"Hey Mal." Ben greeted her.

"What do you?" Mal looked back at him annoyed.

"I was hoping we could talk about yesterday?" Ben suggested.

"What do you want to talk about?" Mal asked.

"I don't know. I don't want us to be fighting." Ben replied. "But can we please talk?"

"I don't know. I still need time. I'll see you around." Mal said, then got into her car and pulled out.

(At school)

"Good morning Mal." Evie said standing at her locker as Mal walked up to her.

"Hey E." Mal slightly smiled.

"Are you okay?" Evie checked.

"Well you remember what I told last night, right?" Mal asked.

"With Ben?" Evie asked.

"Yeah." Mal nodded.

"Yeah. What about it?" Evie wondered.

"Well just all that stuff is why I'm not okay." Mal told her.

"Oh okay. Well hey guess what?" Evie responded.

"What?" Mal questioned.

"They're holding auditions for a new musical." Evie stated.

"What's the musical?" Mal questioned.

"Not sure. I just heard people talking about it." Evie replied. "But come on. Don't you want to try out?"

"I'm not sure if I really want to." Mal answered.

"But Mal, you would kill it in the musical." Evie said.

"I don't know Evie. I need to think about it." Mal responded, then they started walking to class.

"Ben please talk to me!" Harry yelled as he was running to catch up with Ben.

"Why? You told Mal we broke up because I still like her. When you didn't have the right to!" Ben turned to face him.

"Well I kind of did because it was our relationship that ended." Harry responded.

"Yes, but it's my feelings! You can't tell people my personal feelings!" Ben shouted at him.

"Ben! Ben! What is going on?" Eliza ran up to them.

"Nothing. It's nothing!" Ben stated, then stormed away.

"Uh hey. I don't think we've ever met. I'm Eliza." Eliza held out her hand to Harry.

Harry just looked at her before replying. "Hey." Then he shook her hand. "I need to go." Then Harry walked past her.

(At lunch)

"You know Evie. I've decided. I'm gonna audition for the musical. No matter what it is." Mal told her.

"Really?! Oh my god! Yay! I'm coming with you." Evie stood up and jumped happily.

"What is Evie freaking out about?" Jay asked as him, Ben, and Carlos sat at a different table.

"Who knows. Probably about some new fabric." Carlos suggested.

"Probably." Jay replied.

Ben just looked over at them. Trying to figure out what they were talking about