Chapter One

I sighed as I sat in my hotel room. I had to do press for a movie I was in. I hated doing press. It was annoying and it was always the same thing over and over. No one ever had anything new to ask me and they always brought up my ex-boyfriend. I sighed as I walked out into the hall. My assistant, Cara was waiting for me with a smile.

"So you have an hour before anyone needs you. You can do whatever." She smiled as we walked, she read her pda to make sure what was going on.
"Well if that's the case I want to go explore the hotel and try to get some air." I smiled as I walked off.

My name is Lacey Thomas, a well-known actress in the states. I am 5'5 with long light chocolate brown hair and unusual eyes. I have Heterochromia, which means my eyes were different colors. I have one green eye and one blue eye. I have to wear a contact for movies, nothing I wasn't use too. I had just released my first movie in Canada, and for that reason alone, I was on my first visit. I was in Vancouver and hated the idea of being confined to a hotel. So I felt like taking off. I was out the door and down the street before anyone saw me. I smiled as I walked until I found a coffee shop. I went in and ordered a tall apple cider. As I turned rather quickly and knocked into someone, I cursed as I fell on my ass.

"Fuck!" I hated falling, I always looked like a dork.
"Are you ok?" I heard a man ask.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching." I looked up and my breath caught for a moment. I was looking up at a rather tall man; he was easily over a foot taller than me. He had amazing eyes and his hair was different. He had blue and black hair that was messy.

"It's ok. Here let me help you." He smiled, offering me his hand. I took it and got up. I was in awe of this man.

"I'm Lacey; I am such a fool at times." I laughed softly.

"Josh.....we're all fools at some point." He laughed, he went up and ordered a hot chocolate and got another cider for me.

"So I should head back, I have to get to work." I laughed tucking hair behind my ear.

"Where at?" He had an amazing smile; he seemed to smile at me a lot.

"I have to get back to the hotel up the street. I, um, have to meet someone." I was nervous, why was I so nervous.

"Here I'll walk with you." He held the door and we started to walk.

"So what do you do?" I looked around Vancouver and loved how green it was in May. It was very peaceful too.

"I work in music. I live for music." His phone went off and he laughed softly.

"What's wrong?" I was even more nervous now.

"I have to get back to work. I swear I'd love to talk more. Maybe we can text?" He looked so hopeful, like a puppy wanting a treat.

"I actually don't have my phone. You can put it on my cup?" I said it more as a question then anything else.

"First time I've heard that." He laughed, taking out a sharpie and put his name and number.

"Cool. I'll text you later." I felt good as I walked away. I went back to the hotel and smiled as I read the cup. I went to my room and put his number in my phone so I wouldn't lose it. I went down to the piano in the lobby and started to play.

"Just a lost soul.......trying to find her way back home...." I sang softly as I heard Cara's voice.

"She's still here. She knows she has to be here for press." She sounded so frazzled.

"I'm over here. Just playing the piano." I sighed as I got up and went to Cara my assistant.

"We have to get to the first interview." Cara led me to the ballroom where they set up spots for me to do interviews.