A little something for the holidays

Dreams
   "Lan Zhan..." A voice called out from the darkness. The male in a white robe looked around in a haze, he wondered where that familiar voice was coming from. A pain fills his heart as he took his first step towards the light that appears before him, just a few seconds ago. His steps echo around quietly.
   Lan Zhan stopped in his tracks when the voice called out to him again, this time he knew that he had to turn back but he feels like he should keep going. It was like the voice was trying to call for help and it hurts him every time. He felt lost as he continued walking, this time faster than before.
   Lan Zhan hears the voice fade as he collapses on the ground, tears forming in his eyes as he slowly looked back. He saw a lifeless body of the person he cared the most just laying there.
   "Wei Ying?" He mutters as he got up and rushed towards the body but then the black void that he was in seems to collapse. He was now falling.
   "Wei Ying!" he shouted before he woke up, holding hands with his lover. He gently kissed his lover's hand. He wasn't sure if this was a dream or reality, whatever it is, he wanted it to last forever. He and his lover were walking in the forest.
   Suddenly a flash of white light blinded him. He could not feel his lover's hand anymore and once again he found himself alone. He felt the pain from his heart as he tried to find a way out of this darkness that seems to be endless. Why is he still chasing someone who is now gone from the world. He remembers the song he made for them, that song brings back memories from the time they were trapped in a cave together fighting to survive against the beast. 
   He once again woke up, this time, Wei Ying was sleeping in his lap, peaceful. "Is this reality?" He thought.

———->
Hope you guys enjoy it and happy holidays!
The story I made up for my class was from a while back and I decided to post it for the holidays.