Chapter 4

POV: Anthony

I waited in the waiting room for about an hour for a response from the doctor is Ian was all right. The 60 minutes felt like 10 years. Watching each torchering second go by on the clock.

Finally, the doctor showed up.

"Anthony?"

I immediately rushed over to him. We stepped in a more secluded part of a hallway not far from the waiting room.

"How is he? Is he okay? Jesus please tell me he's all right."

"Anthony, Ian lost a lot of blood. He has lost consciousness and will wake up in a couple days from the great loss of blood. He barely made it. He's very lucky."

I take in the news, relieved he's going to live, but devastated he BARLEY made it. I run my hand through my hair and take deep breathes. The doctor put a hand on my shoulder for comfort.

This is all my fault. If I hadn't been so oblivious. God dammit I'm an idiot.

I look up at the doctor.

"Can I see him?"

"Of coarse, this way."

He showed me to a door, nodded at me and walked away.

I took a deep breath and pushed the doors open. Tears immediately come to my eyes. I walk over to Ian, a seemingly lifeless body from far away, but bringing me comfort to see his chest slightly moving up and down from inhales and exhales, as I get closer. The sign of life. That's all I needed for now. I sit down at a chair next to his bed and take his hand. On both his wrists there are bandages with gaz stuffed underneath them. He has an oxygen mask and IV's attached to his body. I sit there all night drowning in my thoughts about all this and eventually fall asleep.

I wake up with light flooding the room from a nearby window. I look at peaceful Ian, then look down to see his hand is still in mine.

'You're right Ian, our relationship is infinite'. And I squeeze his hand. I never want to leave his side. I love him.

The doctor came in and gave me a faint smile.

"Anthony, go get something to eat. You've been here for hours."

I was hungry... And Ian was waking up anytime soon. I sighed, got up and left the comfort of Ian's body.

I got home and as soon as I step inside I relive the past 24 hours. That song floods my ears. I scream and kneel down on the floor with my head in my hands.

Oh, Ian, I love you so much. Why did you put yourself through so much pain? It's all my fault. I stay there sobbing for awhile and then my tears stop. Like I'm all dried up for awhile.

I get up and make a sandwhich although I have lost my hunger. I eat it as I cautiously walk through the house sinking it all in.

I get to the bathroom and tears stream down my face again. I picture Ian's lifeless body on the floor laying in a pool of blood. I spot something on the counter. Ian's iPod. I pick it up and turn it on. There's only one song on here. It's called.... "In My Veins". It must be the song that was playing... I plug in my ear buds and listen to it. After it was over I listened to it again. And again. And again. I listen to it on the way to the hospital. I listen to it waking to Ian's room and I don't bother pausing it as I sit beside Ian, take his hand, and fall asleep again.